Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Treatments > Drugs and Drug Treatments
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Drugs and Drug Treatments ATG, Cyclosporine, Revlimid, Vidaza, Dacogen, ...

Old Sat Jan 14, 2017, 08:07 PM

Promacta for thrombocytopenia

Hello Everyone. I just wanted to start a thread on the miracle of Promacta medication for my thrombocytopenia. For years i was in and out of the hospital with real no hope for the future. My last stint in the hospital was for 50 days and the doctors in ICU were reading me my last rights. I knew when the Chaplin came in it was getting near. Platelets were 6000 and subdural hematomas were happening on both sides of my skull. Then my wife found Promacta. We asked the hematologist about it and he said he had not heard about its treatment for MDS. With nothing to lose, we discovered it worked. My platelets hover between 50000 to 100000 on 50mg a day and i have a life again. It appears to be a TPO antagonist. It is a relatively new orphan drug. I have been hospital free for a year and a half now.

http://www.us.promacta.com

Getting ready to try CBDs to help with my anemia and frequent blood transfusions. My MDS diagnosis is still up in the air. Many confirming BMB tests are negative for MDS.