Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Community > Tell Your Story
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tell Your Story Say hello or share your experiences

Old Sat Oct 3, 2009, 06:01 AM

Talking New support friends

I have been given the email addresses of two women who have gone through what I am going throuh now. It has been helpful to find out there is someone who understand what my feelings are at this time. My husband is fighting MDS and his congestive heart disease but we know it is a matter of time before he will leave me. We are just grateful for every day we have and are making the best of a bad situation.
Good to have someone who knows how I feel withwhom I can communicate.
Old Sat Oct 3, 2009, 09:31 AM

Communications is one of the best medications.
Old Sat Oct 3, 2009, 10:34 AM

Support

These things are never easy and it is hard to know what to say but fill yourself up with love for your husband so that it is overflowing and it will help carry you through, God Bless..We are here for you!
Vera, 56 yo female Dx RAEB II 10-08, 11-12% blasts. Normal chromosomes. Started Vidaza 10-08. . Improved Dx 3-09 MDS RA 2% blasts 8 cycles Vidaza! SCT transplant 7-1-09 at UCSF. Normal bone marrow and MDS free as of 10-09
Old Tue Oct 6, 2009, 04:13 AM

Good report

Got some encourging news yesterday. My husband's counts were up and his ocologist was so pleased. Did not have to have a Procrit shot. Go back next week for five days of Vidaza. He has felt so good this past week. We are still sticking close ot home with the flu all around. Did get a flu shot last week and it didn't hurt either one of us. We get them every year so did not expect any adverse effects. Hoping the swine flu shots will come along soon. Lots of kids in our area are out of school sick. The oncologist said to keep away from those little germ carriers!!