Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Treatments > Drugs and Drug Treatments
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Drugs and Drug Treatments ATG, Cyclosporine, Revlimid, Vidaza, Dacogen, ...

Old Sun May 7, 2017, 07:09 PM

Slowly becoming the bionic/borrowed man

Just wanted to provide a quick update on my status as it has been a while. As many here know, I was diagnosed with Avascular Necrosis (osteoarthritis) some time ago and had both hips replaced. I had also been told that my right shoulder would need to be done, along wiht my left knee and left ankle.

So the report for the day is that I had surgery on my right shoulder this last thursday and am already out of the hospital. It was a partial replacement - ball side only - but still a pretty radical therapy. My right shoulder was in pretty severe pain prior to surgery, and is obbiously a little worse for the wear today, but I am optimistic that I will regain strength shortly.

Hope all are well.

Dan
MDS RCMD w/grade 2-3 fibrosis. Allo-MUD Feb 26, 2014. Relapsed August 2014. Free and clear of MDS since November 2014 after treatment with Vidaza and Rituxan. Experiencing autoimmune attack on CNS thought to be GVHD, some gut, skin and ocular cGVHD. Neuropathy over 80% of body.
Old Mon May 8, 2017, 01:34 AM
Owner

Dan,

I hope your recovery goes quickly. What kind of physical therapy will you be having?
Old Tue May 9, 2017, 12:49 AM

The recovery is mostly self-directed, but I will be going to visit a physical therapist for a few weeks. The shoulder replacement should restore full mobility and strength in about 12 to 16 weeks as it was only partial. The hip replacements provided immediate pain reduction. The shoulder has actually put me in more pain for now, but I had very limited range of motion which was both uncomfortable and painful.

I think that the recovery should go pretty quickly on the scale of things. I'll update with any hiccups, but don't really anticipate much this time around.
MDS RCMD w/grade 2-3 fibrosis. Allo-MUD Feb 26, 2014. Relapsed August 2014. Free and clear of MDS since November 2014 after treatment with Vidaza and Rituxan. Experiencing autoimmune attack on CNS thought to be GVHD, some gut, skin and ocular cGVHD. Neuropathy over 80% of body.
Old Tue May 9, 2017, 09:19 PM

Dan, between you and Ray you have my full salute for ability to endure and persist!!