Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Marrowforums.org > Site Comments
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Site Comments Questions and comments about Marrowforums

Old Sun Oct 1, 2006, 10:49 PM

Signiture

When I registered I put together a "signiture" of the particulars of my husband's case, so that I wouldn't have to write it out each time, but it doesn't come up under my name when I reply to a post. Am I doing something wrong or does it only come up if you start a thread (I guess I'll find out since this is the first thread I've started).

Also, is there a way we could be able to see the text of what we're replying to as we write? It's kind of hard to do from memory, particularly if there are a lot of points you want to touch on. I know different forums do this different ways. The best one I've been on lets you see the last ten posts before yours on that particular thread. That is very helpful.

Overall, I like the site much better than the listserv. Still working the bugs out, but I see it being potentially much more user-friendly and less confusing than the list. Keep up the good work!

-Lisa
Old Mon Oct 2, 2006, 01:14 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa V View Post
When I registered I put together a "signiture" of the particulars of my husband's case, so that I wouldn't have to write it out each time, but it doesn't come up under my name when I reply to a post. Am I doing something wrong or does it only come up if you start a thread (I guess I'll find out since this is the first thread I've started).
When you are using the My Settings pages, the trick is to click Edit Signature at the left. You'll get a big text box to type the signature, which will then appear under each post you make. You were putting your husband's details in the Biography field, which you get to by clicking Edit Profile at the left.

Your signature and biography can both contain whatever information you like, but signature is the only one that will show up under your posts.

Your signature, biography, location, and other profile information are shown on your User Profile page. You can view any member's User Profile by clicking on their name next to a post or in the Members List. You can view your own User Profile with a shortcut: click My Profile in the Quick Links menu at the top of any forum page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa V View Post
Also, is there a way we could be able to see the text of what we're replying to as we write? It's kind of hard to do from memory, particularly if there are a lot of points you want to touch on. I know different forums do this different ways. The best one I've been on lets you see the last ten posts before yours on that particular thread. That is very helpful.
Yes, there are two ways:
  1. Whenever you are typing a reply to a post, scroll the screen way down to the bottom and you will see all of the previous posts on that page, in reverse order (i.e., with the newest first).

2. This method is ever better. When you want to reply to a post, click the Quote button under that post on the right (instead of the Post Reply button at the bottom left). That will put the text of that previous post in your reply (surrounded by QUOTE tags), just as you see yourself quoted in this post. That way, the post you are replying to will be the same text box and you look at it as you type.
Old Mon Oct 2, 2006, 01:38 PM

Thanks, Neil, I've got it now!