Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Marrowforums.org > Site Comments
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Site Comments Questions and comments about Marrowforums

Old Thu Sep 6, 2012, 10:05 AM

losing postings

Hi Neal,

I am continuing to lose reply posts before they get posted. I know you previously said to be sure to click on 'remember me' when I sign in and sometimes I do forget. Lately, I keep getting bumped out as a member, numerous times times during a 30-45 minute period. Previously I would stay on as a member for days!
One suggestion you had was to highlight my reply before posting and save to edit - copy. I don't see that option in my tool bar.

Is it time to start feeling paranoid?

thanks,

Donna J.
f68 MDS; abmt 1/12. ABO mismatch 11 mos. (70) transf. Ferr 3-5k. 8 phlebot. AGVHD to CGVHD. skin,eyes. lungs as of 10/13. muscle weakness &osteo long term steroids.photopheresis 2x wk as of 3-15.pred 20 eod,acyclovir, mepron, voriconazole, pantropazole, lisinopril, montelukast, anoro, azithromycin.
Old Thu Sep 6, 2012, 12:19 PM
Owner

Donna,

I'm sorry you are still having trouble staying logged into the forums. When you check the "Remember Me?" checkbox it should use that setting from now on, which means you should never be logged out automatically.

I'll explain how it works again for other people who are reading this thread and didn't see our earlier conversation:
  • If the Marrowforums site doesn't hear from you for over 20 minutes, it may log you out automatically. It assumes that you have left without logging out so it logs you out to prevent somebody else from using your account. When you return to Marrowforums you will have to log in again.

This can be prevented by using the Remember Me? checkbox when you log into Marrowforums.

• If you check the Remember Me? checkbox when logging in, you will not be logged out automatically, even if Marrowforums hasn't heard from you for a long time, and you won't be required to log in each time you visit. This feature works only when "cookies" are enabled in your web browser.

• You should check the Remember Me? checkbox only on a computer used exclusively by you, not on a public or shared computer. (A husband and wife sharing a computer isn't a problem; the goal is to prevent strangers from being able to use your forum account.)

• If you are using a public or shared computer, you should log out between visits and should not check the Remember Me? checkbox in case you forget to log out.

Donna: Since you've checked Remember Me? at least once when logging in, it's supposed to remember that setting forever and never log you out. Since it's still happening to you instead, the problem may be that "cookies" are disabled in your web browser. Please tell me if you are using a PC or a Macintosh and what web browser you use (e.g., Internet Explorer or Firefox or Chrome or Safari) so I can give you specific instructions about how to check your "cookie" setting.

Here's what I meant about saving the text of a post:
If you spend a bit of time writing a post, and you are about to click the Submit Reply button, it won't hurt to make a copy of the text so you won't lose it even if something goes wrong. The idea is to select all of the text and copy that selected text to the clipboard so you can paste it later if you need it.

Here are four methods you can use to select the text. Pick your favorite!
  1. click-and-drag from the first letter of your post to the last letter of your post, so it's all highlighted
  2. select menu choice Edit -> Select All
  3. press Control-A on a PC
  4. press Command-A on a Macintosh
Here are four methods you can then use to copy the selected text to the clipboard:
  1. select menu choice Edit -> Copy
  2. right-click and select Copy from the pop-up menu
  3. press Control-C on a PC
  4. press Command-C on a Macintosh
Then, if you click Submit Reply (or Preview Post) and get a login screen, you can login, click in the text area where you type your post, and paste in the text you saved instead of having to make up your post again.

Here are four methods you can use to paste the text you saved (after you click in the text area):
  1. select menu choice Edit -> Paste
  2. right-click and select Paste from the pop-up menu
  3. press Control-V on a PC
  4. press Command-V on a Macintosh
One way or another, I'm determined to help you get past this problem!
Old Thu Sep 6, 2012, 03:12 PM

Hi donnaj,

This has happened to me lots of times. If you just log back in, you will find everything that you typed in is still there waiting for you

However, if you use your "back" browser arrow, everything will be erased! So don't do this!