Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Community > Tell Your Story
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tell Your Story Say hello or share your experiences

Old Sat Jan 17, 2015, 10:59 AM

New To Forum

Hello all,

I just found this forum and quickly joined. Just a little about myself, I was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma in 2005, and have had two auto stem cell transplants: 2006 & 2012. As a result of all the chemo, I was diagnosed in Sept. 2014 with tMDS. I just completed my first round of Vidaza injections last Friday, and to be honest, my stomach and thighs look like a battle field -they feel like it too.

Anyway, I'm happy to have found this forum. I'm looking forward to learning from all of you.

Have a wonderful day!
Old Sat Jan 17, 2015, 01:06 PM

Thank you for posting. Vidaza can be a different experience for everyone. I am sorry that it is a struggle for you. I feel confident that Vidaza saved/extended my life. With me, I thought the Vidaza shots looked worse than they felt. I took all seven in my stomach and it wasn't a problem that a couple of Tylenol didn't fix. I never lost any sleep or anything and often golfed the same day as the shots. I did notice that by about the fourth day of the cycle I was slowed down a little. The part that I had to be very aware was the constipation that was caused by the anti-nausea pills that I took an hour before the shots.

Good luck and welcome to the forum. There are many here with great advice and hope. Let us know about your progress and experience.