Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Regional Discussions > Your Local Area
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Your Local Area Connect with people in your city, state, province, or region

Old Sun Aug 31, 2014, 07:04 PM

Any in England?

Any members here from England/uk I'm from Middlesbrough/ Newcastle were I was treated 5 years ago and there was a few people with the same illness but never got much chance to speak to them as I was really ill with sever aplastic anemia, feel free to message me about any questions.
Old Sat Oct 11, 2014, 04:59 PM

Members from UK

Hi Liam
I'm a newbie from Norfolk.
Recently diagnosed, albeit my haematologist is still reluctant!. I was presenting with fatigue,confusion and low counts last August. A biopsy showed 10-15% cellularity. A watch approach was adopted but since then I have developed Breast Cancer. I've since had another 2 bm biopsys, one from the pelvis and another from the lower spine. The pelvis one (taken in August this year) showed a hypocellular marrow but the lower spine one (taken just 3 weeks later) revealed a hyper cellular marrow at 70%!! I've been told that chemo isn't an option for me. This scares me as my breast cancer is triple negative, aggressive, grade 3. I'm so pleased you are in good health. What hospital did you attend. I think living in rural Norfolk is a disadvantage as no one appears to have seen a case like me!.
What treatment did you have. I think cos I'm not on my knees they don't want to do anything for me!! I'm 40 and was in good health, going to the gym everyday and have always had a healthy diet. I did drink!! I thought moderately. But my haematologist has suggested perhaps I have a sensitivity to alcohol! I'm not sure if he is saying this in absence of any other explanation.
Sorry to go on. Hope you can give me any advice from your experiences.
Kind regards
Karen x