Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Treatments > Transplants
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Transplants Bone marrow and stem cell transplantation

Old Sat May 14, 2016, 05:33 PM

Donor Cell Leukemia (DCL)

Does anyone have any experience with "donor cell leukemia" (DCL)? It is very rare. It is relapse that affects the donor cells and not a person's host cells. I think this is what I have experienced and will discuss with transplant doctor next week. The reasons I believe I have it is that my chimerism has been at 100 percent almost the entire time after transplant. The other reason is that when I relapsed (at Day about +210) none of my previous mutations were present. My post-transplant diagnosis is AML+Philadelphia chromosome (9;22). The doctors can't understand how/why that happened.

In one European study with 91 centers and 10,489 patients participating there were only 14 cases of DCL.