Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Bone Marrow Failure Diseases > News and Events
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News and Events News related to bone marrow failure diseases

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mon Mar 19, 2007, 01:00 AM
Marrowforums Marrowforums is offline
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 709
Bone Marrow Disease Resolution Introduced in U.S. Congress

On March 6, 2007, Jim McGovern (D-MA) and Mary Bono (R-CA) introduced the bipartisan Bone Marrow Disease Resolution, known as H.Con.Res. 81. It is currently before the House Energy and Commerce Committee and may come to the floor of the House in the coming weeks.

The purpose of the resolution is to encourage the federal government to fund research and engage in public health initiatives that give patients greater access to more treatment options and, ultimately, cures for bone marrow diseases.

H.Con.Res. 81 is a major prerequisite for getting Congress and the National Institutes of Health to focus on, and direct funds to, bone marrow disease research.

Marrowforums encourages patients, family members, and friends in the U.S. to help build support for H.Con.Res. 81 by contacting their Representative and urging them to cosponsor the Bone Marrow Disease Resolution. Please note that you should contact your own Congressional Representative, not your Senators or the resolution sponsors.
Reply With Quote
Old Mon Mar 19, 2007, 01:16 AM
Marrowforums Marrowforums is offline
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 709
How you can help

To build support in the U.S. Congress for the Bone Marrow Disease Resolution, you can call or email your U.S. Representative with this message or one like it:
Dear (Member of Congress):

I am writing today to urge you, as my representative in Congress, to cosponsor H.Con.Res. 81, the bipartisan Bone Marrow Disease Resolution.

(Briefly tell of your personal connection. i.e., I currently suffer from MDS…)

This resolution will help to raise greater awareness of Aplastic Anemia, MDS, and PNH and will encourage the federal government to fund research and engage in public health initiatives that will improve treatment and lead to cures for these diseases.

I am asking you to call Congressman Jim Govern's office at (202) 225-5330 or Congresswoman Mary Bono's office at (202) 225-6101 today, to add your name as a cosponsor of this important resolution.

(your name)
How to contact your Congressional Representative

If you know your Representative's name, go to Representative Offices, click on your state then their name for contact information.

Otherwise, use the steps below. You will need your 9-digit zip code, which you can find at ZIP Code Lookup.
  1. Go to Congress Merge: Online Congressional Directory.
  2. Enter your address and 9-digit zip code and click Submit It.
  3. Note your Representative's name.
  4. Go to Representative Offices.
  5. Click your Representative's name.
  6. Use the contact information to send email, submit a web form, or phone the District office.
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bone Marrow and Blood Tests Monica Meyer Questions and Answers 2 Thu Apr 8, 2010 04:20 PM
Preparing for a Bone marrow transplant Nina2006 Tell Your Story 7 Tue Oct 20, 2009 01:58 PM
Bone Marrow Biopsy Chris Guerra Questions and Answers 13 Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:26 AM
Bone Marrow Transplant Questions tasmith Transplants 0 Mon Apr 16, 2007 02:45 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Forum sites may contain non-authoritative and unverified information.
Medical decisions should be made in consultation with qualified medical professionals.
Site contents exclusive of member posts Copyright © 2006-2016 Marrowforums.org