Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Community > Tell Your Story
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tell Your Story Say hello or share your experiences

Old Wed Jun 29, 2016, 01:29 PM

may be Cgvhd, irritation in eyes sore throat

My mothers mds relapsed and as dr. Suggested she had alloHsct 6/6 Match..on aug-2015
after transplant she recovered platelet but her hb was always around 6-7,,,now she has irritation in her eyes and sore throat + Thrombocytopenia (platelet count=29,000)
her biopsy report shows insufficient stem cells...shes on cyclosporin and many more drugs.
dr.'s have no idea whats the reason behind it but as i was going through the so many articles i found one which say irritation in eyes is related to cgvhd and thrombocytopenia is may be because of secondary failure of platelet recovery.
please anyone here who had similar problem
is there any treatment available for such problem. I want to know more about this SFPR thing.,
please somebody help!
Old Wed Jun 29, 2016, 01:39 PM

Re-post as a new topic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikha tomar View Post
My mothers mds relapsed and as dr. Suggested she had alloHsct 6/6 Match..on aug-2015
after transplant she recovered platelet but her hb was always around 6-7,,,now she has irritation in her eyes and sore throat + Thrombocytopenia (platelet count=29,000)
her biopsy report shows insufficient stem cells...shes on cyclosporin and many more drugs.
dr.'s have no idea whats the reason behind it but as i was going through the so many articles i found one which say irritation in eyes is related to cgvhd and thrombocytopenia is may be because of secondary failure of platelet recovery.
please anyone here who had similar problem
is there any treatment available for such problem. I want to know more about this SFPR thing.,
please somebody help!
Sorry to hear about your mother's health. You may want to post this as a new topic so that others will see it more readily. Personally I do not have any experience to share but I hope you can get some answers or insight to your questions. Keeping you and your mom in my positive thoughts.
Old Thu Jun 30, 2016, 05:20 PM

Smile Thanks katailS for your reply :)

hi! Kathie
i would have already posted it as new post but unfortunately i'm not allowed to do so.
may be because i'm not yet the member
hope you will do better and better ,stay blessed
Old Fri Jul 1, 2016, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikha tomar View Post
hb was always around 6-7,,,now she has irritation in her eyes and sore throat
please somebody help!
I have cGvHD. Eye doctor prescribed restisis, FML, Muro ointment, and lubricating drops. The irritation has improved somewhat. The eyes are still very photosensitive. I have sore throat and very dry mouth. Nothing seems to help. Doctor says the cGvHD symptoms tend to get better at 3 to 5 years after transplant. CBC pretty normal except hgb slightly low at 12.

Ray