Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Bone Marrow Failure Diseases > AA
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AA Aplastic anemia

Old Mon Jun 30, 2008, 06:31 PM

ADHD Drugs are Poison, ITP, Aplastic Anemia and Leukemia

Hello,

I'm new here and wanted to share my daughter's story with you which is well posted at ADHD Drug Atrocity.com, please take a look if you are interested.

She has been mild, then moderate, now severe aplastic anemia and we have some pretty important decisions to make this week about chemical vs. natural treatment.

I wonder, has anyone here tried or heard anyone trying cesium therapy for Aplastic anemia (natural treatment)?

Does anyone know what the average length it takes for someone to get could counts after ATG?

How about the average length of time one has to remain on medicines after ATG, and which medicines?

Anyone?

Last edited by adhddrugatrocity : Mon Jun 30, 2008 at 06:39 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Mon Jun 30, 2008, 07:19 PM

Jessica had ATG/Cyclosporine treatment early in April. Platelets are up to 80,(from as low as 6,high 10 in April) as of last week, but no real increase in the other counts(WBC 2.7/RBC 2.8/Hemo 9 w/blood transfusions about once each month). She is scheduled for bone marrow testing again in the morning, so hopefully we'll know what, if anything, is going on in there. Her Dr. said that it can take up to 6 months or longer to see real improvements. Depending on what we find out tomorrow, I guess she'll decide if she'll have to have another round of ATG. Her plan is to keep Jessica on Cyclosporine for a total of 1 year.
Old Tue Jul 1, 2008, 01:46 AM
Administrator

ATG is usually given in combination with cyclosporine and prednisone. It can take anywhere from 3 to 6 months following treatment for blood counts to begin to rise and a year or more to see a full response. Even when the patient does respond to ATG their counts may not reach fully normal levels but are usually high enough for them to continue normal activities. Some patients need to continue to take cyclosporine and/or prednisone indefinitely and some require a second ATG treatment to achieve a fuller response.

I don't see how cesium, which as a radioactive element is a biohazard, could be considered a "natural" treatment for aplastic anemia. I would be very wary of any doctor or health practitioner who promotes this kind of therapy.

Hope this helps.

Ruth Cuadra
Old Tue Jul 1, 2008, 09:51 AM

They would use a natural "non" radioactive form of cesium. The radioactive form has to be manufactured. I have only seen references to its use with cancer. AA is not a cancer so I'm not sure it would resolve the AA. They are changing the PH environment of the body to be more alkaline which in of itself may be helpful.

I know you've posted on AA central. Have you looked at Bruce's journal. He used Dr. Sherry Rodger's book on detoxing and balancing the body's PH. Most of us have a more acid environment because of the western diet. But after saying that, my husbands Ph in more alkaline than mine and he's the one who ended up with AA.
Marlene, wife to John DX w/SAA April 2002, Stable partial remission; Treated with High Dose Cytoxan, Johns Hopkins, June 2002. Final phlebotomy 11/2016. As of July 2021 HGB 12.0, WBC 4.70/ANC 3.85, Plts 110K.