Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Bone Marrow Failure Diseases > AA
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AA Aplastic anemia

Old Wed Jan 3, 2007, 01:40 PM

Talking Raising money for AAMDS

Hello Listmates,

Just wanted to give a plug today for the web giving organization called iGive.com

I followed a link a few months ago in the AAMDS online newsletter to join before I did my holiday online shopping.

I just got an email from them letting me know that I have already donated $3.58 with my holiday shopping. I just joined at the end of November.

I know that many of us are already familiar with escrip and other similar programs through our kid's schools, sports teams, etc. You don't have to do anything other than sign up and designate what organization you want to benefit from your shopping. Various merchants will donate a percentage of your purchase to AAMDS.

This iGive program is the easiest one I've ever participated in. After you download their "giving window" program, any time you happen to log onto a site that is participating, a little window drops down and says "Congratulations, we're automatically taking you through the iGive donation window" and then it tells you what percentage will be donated. It is SO COOL.

AAMDS has been a part of this since December 2000 but the total amount they've earned is only $300 something. That's crazy! We can make a lot of money for AAMDS research this way. It's just a matter of getting people to sign up.

I just used it to purchase my son's airline ticket home from college on Spring Break. Expedia.com is a member. I've also used Target.com and Fandango.com just to name a few.

Just go to the AAMDS website www.aamds.org

and click on the box that says iGive and follow the instructions. It's painless.

Wendy/mom to grant

dx 12/4/98 AA