Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Bone Marrow Failure Diseases > AA
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AA Aplastic anemia

Old Wed Aug 4, 2010, 12:39 AM

Lost Battle with AA

My husband was diagnosed with AA in November of 2008. He had 2 atg treaments. A tremendous amount of blood and platelette transfusions. January 2010 he had a BMT. Got out of the hospital in February and Lost his battle March 7, 2010. He was a brave and strong man and I will truely miss him. I will continue to help fight this disease.
Old Wed Aug 4, 2010, 03:12 AM
Owner

lfhb1,

I'm so sorry to hear of your husband's struggle and that he did not survive his transplant. In another forum thread you said he was 51. He was taken from you way too soon.

Even with your brief message I can tell that you are as brave as he was from the fact that you are here telling us what happened, and that you are willing to keep up the fight against aplastic anemia as so many other patients continue their own battles.
Old Wed Aug 4, 2010, 08:15 AM

lfhb1

I am sorry for your loss. Thank you for helping with the fight.
Now have RAEB-2, Firbrosis 3+, blasts 18% peripheral, 10 - 14% blasts marrow, chromosomes now T 1:21, trisonomy 16 and 1.- Match found ---10/10 -couldn't believe when I heard - Tentative day is 1/09th!!!! Admit date changed to 11/12. WOW -
Old Thu Aug 5, 2010, 12:48 PM

i am so sad for you and your wife.
Old Thu Aug 5, 2010, 11:28 PM

My deepest condolences to you and your family. Your devotion to your husband shows in your willingness to continue his fight. Always savor the good memories from before you ever heard of AA.
Old Fri Aug 13, 2010, 02:40 PM

Very sorry to hear about your husband. Hope you are coping ok.

Deb
Old Fri Aug 13, 2010, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfhb1 View Post
My husband was diagnosed with AA in November of 2008. He had 2 atg treaments. A tremendous amount of blood and platelette transfusions. January 2010 he had a BMT. Got out of the hospital in February and Lost his battle March 7, 2010. He was a brave and strong man and I will truely miss him. I will continue to help fight this disease.
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. This disease is a monster. I hope that some good memories will help you through. I feel this website is like a family so let us know if you need anything. Sincerely, Rose
Old Tue Aug 17, 2010, 09:10 PM

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I cherish all my memories from before AA and all that he went through. I stay as strong as possible, knowing thats what he would have wanted. I do have alot of emotional issues I'm dealing with and I feel that I had it right along with him, but I survivied. So in his honor I will help fight this and help anyone along the way with anything I can. It is a terrible disease. God Bless everyone.
Old Wed Aug 18, 2010, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Thanks everyone for your kind words. I cherish all my memories from before AA and all that he went through. I stay as strong as possible, knowing thats what he would have wanted. I do have alot of emotional issues I'm dealing with and I feel that I had it right along with him, but I survivied. So in his honor I will help fight this and help anyone along the way with anything I can. It is a terrible disease. God Bless everyone.
If your emotional issues start to get out of hand consider talking to a grief counselor. Its really helped me deal with just the aspects of the disease. Bless you and talk care. Rose
Old Wed Aug 18, 2010, 06:29 PM

I'm sorry!!!

I've read your post several times and now I found courage to tell you how sorrow I am.

When I read it yesterday I started to cry.

Please accept my condolences.

Sincerely
Old Wed Aug 25, 2010, 12:51 AM

Thank you Paula, wasn't meaning to make anyone cry, I do that enough myself. I post to help deal with the loss and I promised him that I would help figh this disease, which I am trying. So if anyone needs to talk or needs questions I am here, I dealth with every aspect of his healthcare and learned more than he knew. I want to be here for anyone that needs someone, not for pity. But I appreciate your feeling my pain. I do TRUELY MISS HIM each and every day. Our 30th wedding anniversary is next month and that was out goal to get to, so next month with be hard and everyones encouragement is also welcome. THANK YOU!
Old Wed Nov 3, 2010, 05:24 PM

Sorry for late answer

Quote:
Thank you Paula, wasn't meaning to make anyone cry, I do that enough myself. I post to help deal with the loss and I promised him that I would help figh this disease, which I am trying. So if anyone needs to talk or needs questions I am here, I dealth with every aspect of his healthcare and learned more than he knew. I want to be here for anyone that needs someone, not for pity. But I appreciate your feeling my pain. I do TRUELY MISS HIM each and every day. Our 30th wedding anniversary is next month and that was out goal to get to, so next month with be hard and everyones encouragement is also welcome. THANK YOU!

My dear!

I'm sorry I didn't answered before but in dealing with my husband treatment for 2nd relapse I didn't notice your post answering mine. I started to cry not for pity. I have so many mactched feelings.
Everyday I deal with that question: And if my husband lose his battle? He is the love of my life, my companion, my huardian angel??? (O.K., Crying again, but I need to cry).
After his 2nd ATG, he's on cyclosporine but there is a drop on his platelets - 130 to 84. I'm terrified if it's other relapse. I want to be strong but sometimes I don't know how.

May God help you in your sorrow.

Sincerely.
Old Sat Nov 27, 2010, 11:36 PM

Paula,

I know how hard it is to be strong, it was hard for me. Make sure to take a few minutes for yourself when you can, thats what helped me. I tried not to show my pain to help him. Duane went through 2 ATG treatments and neither one took. He went through a BMT very well, but because of the chemo and having no immune system, infections over took. I cried too. I still do each and every day. He too was my whole world even more than I could tell you. Keep strong and keep me posted. I would love to be there for you and yours.
Lori