Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Regional Discussions > Australia
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Australia News and discussions specific to Australia and Australians

Old Sat Sep 20, 2014, 01:01 AM

Everyone safe

I live three suburbs away from the men they arrested who were plotting with ISIL for the beheadings etc. Never have I felt so proud of our Security Agencies and AFP...just wanted to give them a round of applause.
Old Sat Sep 20, 2014, 08:10 AM

So glad they were able to stop that plot and that you are safe.
Marlene, wife to John DX w/SAA April 2002, Stable partial remission; Treated with High Dose Cytoxan, Johns Hopkins, June 2002. Final phlebotomy 11/2016. As of July 2021 HGB 12.0, WBC 4.70/ANC 3.85, Plts 110K.
Old Sat Sep 20, 2014, 08:10 PM

One plot stopped...how many more? But tenacity will overcome barbarism. The uplifting thing is that people within the Muslim faith are giving information to help weed out these monsters amongst them. This is very brave of them.

Im supposed to be in hospital right next to the g20 summit in November with Putin and Mr Obama etc....I'm thinking of postponing my treatment a week

Still...I'd like to able to shout some unpleasantries at Mr Putin. I'm not usually political but a lot of my countrymen died on MH17 and I'm very patriotic.
Old Mon Sep 22, 2014, 03:11 AM

I reckon those raids really affected the general election across the ditch here. After all the bickering about internet privacy, with what happened in Australia it became a competition between privacy and security. Shame it doesn't look we can have both?

I was delighted my Dad got to vote even though he was in the hospital. They had people coming round with special voting papers and went room to room. They even gowned up, mask, gloves and the lot to meet neutropenic protocol for the reverse isolation. So very important to feel part of the real world even after 5 weeks locked away.
Father 72 has been diagnosed VSAA June 2014, was on cyclosporine as first treatment 06/2014 - 09/2014. 8 weeks after diagnosis doctor believe he would not survive ATG Treatment. GCSF 3 weeks Aug 2014 Currently on Eltrombopag 09/14 Danazol 25/08/14.
Old Mon Sep 22, 2014, 04:38 AM

Yes, nobody closer than our friends across the ditch. I loved my time in NZ....back before we needed Passports between our countries. Sometimes I wish we were one country, because I feel such kinship.

Doesn't mean I support the Warriors or All Blacks though. That Haka frightens the heck out of me. I wish we had something similar.

I'm pleased your Dad is doing better.