Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Treatments > Alternative Treatments
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Alternative Treatments Complementary and alternative medicine; natural and holistic approaches

Old Sat Jan 6, 2018, 12:51 PM

Interesting read

The research showed that the act of fasting triggered a switch to flip in the body, signalling it to begin a “stem-cell based regeneration of the hematopoietic system.” It forced the body to use up its stores of glucose, fat and ketones, and also started to break down a large number of white blood cells. The loss of white blood cells flagged the body to, in turn, regenerate new immune system cells.
http://awarenessact.com/study-finds-...immune-system/
Male 64 years old. Diagnosed MDS with 11% blasts in August 2016. Blood counts have normalized after 3 rounds of (Dacogen or Decitabine) Currently on Month 24 of Dacogen. Waiting for Decitabine to fail before doing SCT.
Old Mon Jan 8, 2018, 12:54 AM

Hi Rich

My mom is also 64 yrs old and was diagnosed last Sep with MDS 11% blast. She has been on Vidaza for last three months. But her nos are not stabilizing after 2nd cycle. She is about to start her 4th cycle on 15th Jan. WBC are too low and HB came down to 6.5 so had to go for blood transfusion. I am too wooried for low WBC, any thoughts on how to help her increase WBC. How long it normally takes to get the nos normalized after Vidaza.
Old Tue Jan 9, 2018, 06:04 AM

Hello ritu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritu View Post
Hi Rich

My mom is also 64 yrs old and was diagnosed last Sep with MDS 11% blast. She has been on Vidaza for last three months. But her nos are not stabilizing after 2nd cycle. She is about to start her 4th cycle on 15th Jan. WBC are too low and HB came down to 6.5 so had to go for blood transfusion. I am too wooried for low WBC, any thoughts on how to help her increase WBC. How long it normally takes to get the nos normalized after Vidaza.
Sorry to hear about your mom. I'm just a patient following doctors orders, thankfully it's been working for me. All my blood counts normalized after 3 rounds and have remained so after the 15th round. After the 1st round, my wbc was too low and they gave me a shot every day for 5 days, I don't recall what it was but I remember they said it was $10,000 per shot. Thankfully insurance covered it. Sorry I can't be be more helpful. Good luck to mom.
Male 64 years old. Diagnosed MDS with 11% blasts in August 2016. Blood counts have normalized after 3 rounds of (Dacogen or Decitabine) Currently on Month 24 of Dacogen. Waiting for Decitabine to fail before doing SCT.