Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Treatments > Alternative Treatments
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Alternative Treatments Complementary and alternative medicine; natural and holistic approaches

Old Tue Feb 15, 2011, 08:52 AM

CBC fluctuation

Hi, I came across a Text book 'diagnostic hematology' that had some interesting causes for daily fluctuation in the WBC and Platelets. It states that WBC is highest in the afternoon and lowest in the am at rest. ANC is also increased by eating, exercise and temperature extremes. Platelets are also increased by exercise. My data has moved up and down driving me a bit crazy I can trace back the time of the labs and the afternoons are higher wbc than the mornings. I run each day but did not log the time of day which I will start doing to see if that effects the numbers. Has anyone noticed the lab numbers being better in the pm?
Old Wed Feb 16, 2011, 01:41 AM
Owner

I'm curious to see what you and others find if you track the time of day of your lab tests. There always seems to be fluctuation from one test to the next and maybe this partially explains it.
Old Wed Feb 16, 2011, 02:23 AM

I agree with you. My neuts are lower than 1000 in the mornings, but in the afternoons higher than 1000. I realized this before, so now I go to hospital in the afternoons.