Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Community > Tell Your Story
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tell Your Story Say hello or share your experiences

Old Mon Apr 29, 2013, 11:07 AM

Help needed please

Good Afternoon ,
I am so sorry for posting here but im worrying myself.
2 weeks ago my 6month old baby girl developed rash on her leg which didnt fade under the glass , I had been adviced to take her to hospital straight away which i did and she was admitted to the childrens ward straight away.
They did a complete blood count and but a Iv in her hand so she would start antibiotics straight away whilst we was waiting for the results and cultures to come back.
Temperature was fine she just had diahreea and sickness and they couldnt explain the non fading rash.

Blood tests came back fine except 5
Pottasium, MCHC, RDW, MONOS AND NEUTS

They sent us home and asked us to return in 2 weeks for the blood count to be done again and then a follow on appt a week later to discuss results.

My daughter has been vomiting all day again but is fine in her self except a little sleepy.
Also in the notes it says discussed with Consultant heamatologist and informed that neutraphenia in keeping with infection, no abnormal lymphocytes

Can someone put this is english for me i dont understand x

Thank you
Old Mon Apr 29, 2013, 09:46 PM

Hello Joannaleolydia,

Sorry to hear your precious little one is not feeling well.

Could you please clarify...So, your otherwise healthy 6mo old baby girl has a rash on her leg of an unknown source. She's admitted into the hospital and is started on antibiotics and drawn cultures? If so, I'm a little bit confused with the information you have shared and how it would relate to marrow issues. Do the doctors feel that her rash is related to a blood disorder? Might it be petichae???

A very young baby with diarrhea and vomiting is a concern because she could dehydrate rapidly and this could cause problems. Is your baby ingesting plenty of fluids? Is she able to hold it down? Besides the antibiotics, did the doctor give you anything else for the D&V? I hope so... if you think your child is not doing any better, I would take her back to at least get some intravenous hydration. Young children can get dehydrated very quickly. I would be worried about that.

As for the 5 Labs that came back (out of range??) I suppose. If the doctor is not worried, I wouldn't be worried either as these tests may vary especially when sick. I would be more concerned with your child's overall state and again, take her back soon to the doctors if you feel that she isn't getting any better or is getting worst.

Just my opinion...take care