Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Bone Marrow Failure Diseases > MDS
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

MDS Myelodysplastic syndromes

Old Wed Oct 1, 2014, 06:26 AM

Vidaza

Hi Steve!
Very positive response to Vidaza ! Yes I think there are patients that respond so well when they receive Vidaza. I can't remember that I have read about very high platelets but platelets have a tendency to jump up or decrease very fast though we don't understand why.

It is not possible to know anything about how long the response will last - many patients will respond for years.
Kind regards
Birgitta-A
75 yo. Responded three years on Thalidomide though the median response is 9 months.
Old Fri Oct 3, 2014, 11:17 AM

I just completed my ninth round of Vidaza and my numbers are still staying in the normal range. They were very low when I was first diagnosed and two months of Procrit and Neupogen didn't help at all. But after my second round of Vidaza, and just before starting my third, my numbers started to get into the low end of the normal range, and they kept increasing. I have now been in pretty much the middle of the normal range for about six months. I just hope the Vidaza continues to work because I may not be a candidate for a bone marrow transplant, due to heart problems not related to MDS. So it looks like I'm dependent on the Vidaza for awhile, and it's good to know that people have had success with it for years. Best of luck to you....

Mitch