Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Bone Marrow Failure Diseases > MDS
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

MDS Myelodysplastic syndromes

Old Mon Apr 16, 2007, 09:38 PM

AML and pain

Hi, my mother's mds has just progressed to AML (or we just got the diagnosis). Just before diagnosis, she was receiving neupogen shots, which were causing moderate to severe bone and joint pain. The shots were stopped over a week ago and much of the pain subsided, but, she is now experiencing excrutiating pain in one knee/leg. She had the knee xrayed and a doppler to rule out dvt, both tests were negative. It just seems odd that she wouldn't have the pain in all bones/joints. Has anyone heard of localized pain like this? Thanks for any help.

Linda E. (mom is 78)
Old Wed May 16, 2007, 06:09 PM

Bone Pain

My Husband Has Pain All The Time. One Day It Will Be A Left Knee And Right Hip And The Next Day Would Be Right Knee Only. He Has Had Pain In Shoulders, Hips, Knees, Shins And Ankles Mainly. Have A Blessed Day. Linda
Linda, Wife of Bob, dx REAB-1 19 Jan. 06. Beginning numbers 19% blasts, Vidaza for 10 cycles then stopped responding, as of Apr 07 REAB-T Blasts at 20 (AML). 2 cycles of Dacogen May and June, 3rd in Sep. Counts bottomed out (WBC and Plts). BMB in Oct. showed blasts at 51%. NC
Old Thu May 17, 2007, 01:57 PM

Question pain in joint,s

Hi everyone...we,ve been to the hospital every 2 weeks for blood test..I still don, t no what to make of this...The doc. explain,s to me ..when I,m there I seem to understand , when I get home it,s all a blure again...they say there waiting to see if thing,s move ...befor they do anything...pierre has pain in his joint,s to..they don,t give him anything...yet...his counts.are...WBC""""3.7
RBC....111
platelets..33
they say he,s stable...he,s short of breath...a bit...but feeling ok..
...Thanks soooo much...it helps to read this forum...thinking of all of you...
Old Thu May 17, 2007, 09:30 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost View Post
The doc. explain,s to me ..when I,m there I seem to understand , when I get home it,s all a blure again...
Doctors sometimes give you information faster than you can remember it all. I always take a pencil and paper to our appointments so I can take notes while the doctor is talking to us. Sometimes I ask the doctor to repeat something I don't understand, or to spell a word I don't know so I can look up more about it later.

If you have a relative or friend who wouldn't mind going with you, he or she could write down what the doctor says for you. That way, you could concentrate on the main points the doctor is making, and ask any questions you have.