Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Bone Marrow Failure Diseases > MDS
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

MDS Myelodysplastic syndromes

Old Sat Nov 24, 2007, 05:08 PM

The fight is over.

Bob peacefully went home to be with the Lord last Sunday 17 Nov. 07.

He decided on 5 Nov. not to take the induction treatment for AML. We thought at that point he might have 2 months left.

Thank you for the forum, we learned a lot from all of you. Thank you for your prayers and thoughts.
Linda, Wife of Bob, dx REAB-1 19 Jan. 06. Beginning numbers 19% blasts, Vidaza for 10 cycles then stopped responding, as of Apr 07 REAB-T Blasts at 20 (AML). 2 cycles of Dacogen May and June, 3rd in Sep. Counts bottomed out (WBC and Plts). BMB in Oct. showed blasts at 51%. NC
Old Sat Nov 24, 2007, 05:22 PM
Administrator

Dear Linda,

On behalf of Marrowforums, I offer our condolences to you on Bob's death. What a lucky man he was to have you always taking care of him and seeking the best and latest information that might help him. We appreciate your taking the time to update us as Bob's disease progressed. Your experiences will stay in the archives of this site to help those who come here looking for real-life information about dealing with MDS.

With sympathy,
Ruth Cuadra
Old Sun Nov 25, 2007, 04:54 AM

The fight is over

Dear Linda,
I am so sorry for your loss of your Bob. He was very brave. Sending hugs to you and your family. Good bless us all.
Warm regards
Birgitta
68 yo, MDS Interm-1 dx May 2006, transfusion dependent, Desferal 4 days/month, Neupogen 2 days/week, Prednisolone 2,5 mg/day
Old Tue Nov 27, 2007, 02:05 AM

Prayers

I am so sorry to hear about Bob's passing. I have been following your posts closely and am deeply saddened by this. Bob felt a hard fight and he is now pain free.
June, daugther. 71 yr old father dx on 01/13/07 with MDS/MPD - RCMD/Secondary MF). No excess blasts no excess chromosomes. Hypercelluar 70-80%. Low hgb. Transfusion dependent every 3-4 weeks/2pints. Began Procrit on 03/27/07. No progress thus far. Taking Folic Acid, B6, CoQ10, and Cod Liver Oil
Old Wed Nov 28, 2007, 11:02 PM

So Sorry about your loss.

Hi Linda,
I am so sorry for your loss. I am relatively new to this site, but I have been following your posts and his progress. Bob was truly blessed to have you in his life and fighting with him during his battle. I wish for you peace and you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Kathy, 47, diagnosed with MDS IPSS Intermediate Risk, Refractory Anemia and Thrombocytopenia both secondary to MDS. 8/06-treatments include 14 shots Vidaza monthly, aeranesp, neulasta when needed also have polycystic kidney disease
Old Sat Dec 1, 2007, 12:17 PM

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Bob has now been welcomed into the joy of our Master's house. May God strengthen you in your sorrow.
Tom, age 56, diagnosed with MDS RAEB Oct of 2006. Previously treated w/ vidaza, unsuccessfully. Revlimid successful 1 year. Progressed to AML 4/08 w/ 20% blasts, now in remission. BMT to take place 10/08.