Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Bone Marrow Failure Diseases > MDS
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

MDS Myelodysplastic syndromes

Old Sun Feb 23, 2020, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meri T. View Post
Hello everyone,

This June will be post transplant 3 years ! Today, my blood counts were good, WBC 5.9 RBC 3.94 Platelets 172
My liver counts are still high, and I have nausea some times, I itch a lot too. I have chronic GVHD skin, liver, stomach, and esophagus. So so hope my GVHD will burn out soon.

I will be moving to Houston this April, looking at insurance now. From an NIS point of view, the US insurance is really hard to navigate, what with premiums and advantages, I totally respect the US people on how you do it. I have stopped working ever since my transplant, I guess my meager savings will just melt off !

However, I am really excited to go. I got my green card 3 years ago, together with my leukemia diagnose, so I decided to do my STC here in Tokyo before heading off. A very good choice. With the NIS it was affordable.

Any any advice is welcome.

Meri
As you probably know there is good news - Houston is home to the MD Anderson Cancer Center. Thee are many places to start and this seems one of the best ones. https://www.mdanderson.org/cancer-ty...-syndrome.html
Old Sun Feb 23, 2020, 06:09 AM

MDAnderson

Hello Pearl,
Thank you for the link. MDAnderson is SO BIG! Gosh, I'm a bit intimidated already.
Meri
Old Sun Feb 23, 2020, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meri T. View Post
Hello Pearl,
Thank you for the link. MDAnderson is SO BIG! Gosh, I'm a bit intimidated already.
Meri
Give them a call and see what happens.
International +001-713-745-0450
Old Thu Mar 12, 2020, 01:17 AM

Corona Virus

Thank you Pearl, you're a life saver!

With the corona running around, I think I will self quarantine for 14 days when I reach Houston.
The corona has reached and spread in Tokyo a bit too much, schools are closed (my teenager is whiling away on youtube), employees remote working (my husband is at home on his laptop) and masks are totally sold out.
People are now doing what we have been doing these past years, washing hands, wearing masks, avoiding sick people. So it's so natural for me now.

How is everyone during this time? I hope you keep safe on trips to the hospital.
By the way, my hayfever has really gone. Really gone. I read somewhere of a person who recovered from HIV because he had a transplant for leukemia ! Isn't that cool.
Anyway, where is everyone? Please drop in and let us know how you are dealing with this virus.
Lots of prayers for everyone in the forum.
Meri