Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Community > Tell Your Story
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tell Your Story Say hello or share your experiences

Old Fri Dec 24, 2010, 12:10 PM

Introduction Akita / Margarete

Hi all,

after having posted a lot of things it seems necessary to introduce me.

I am glad to have found this forum from which i can learn much and also have questions answered. Actually i am also member in other Leukemia-related forums. My "Home-Forum" is the German-speaking "Leukämie Info aus Luxembourg" http://lil.lu/. It ist a closed forum with only 41 members. We communicate not only by the forum facilities, but also partly by facebook, and meet one another at least once a year.

My story:

1957 born in Vienna, Austria , Europe, and living there since my birth. Mothertongue German, English learned in school.
Divorced since 1983, three children.
Studied: Teacher, Attorney

1981 Psychosis part 1 with diagnosis schizoaffective psychosis (or similar, they did not tell me exactly,) treatment with leponex and other psychopharmaka, two months in hospital, then psychotherapy for many years.

1993 Psychosis part two, treatment with Leponex/Clozapine and other psychopharmaka. Founding a self-help group, active in self-help-movement. Favorizing alternative approaches to mental health - schizophrenia.

9/2007 Diagnosis of MDS RAEB 2 with transition to AML M2 after having been very tired for years without diagnosis. MDS/AML has probably been caused by the clozapine treatment. 4 chemotherapies- 2 inductions, 2 consolidations from 9/2007 to 2/2008 and allogeneic stemcell-transplantation in 4/2008 with full conditioning with high dosis Chemotherapy and TBI, happy and thankful for my mismatched donor. Hospitalized till 2/2009 with severe acute and since then chronical graft-versus-host-disease.

Actually retired until 3/2012, doing a few small voluntary jobs. Hematological in remission, chronical graft-versus-host-disease. Immunosuppressed. Several Therapies for GVHD (active, fighting). Next week i will start with a phototherapy adressing my sclerodermiform skin exanthems/GVHD.

Interested in peace work, medicine, integration pedagogics and patients self-help.

Happy to meet so friendly people in this forum! Thanks specially to Neil for his technical help!

Kind regards,

Margarete

Last edited by akita : Fri Dec 24, 2010 at 12:25 PM.
Old Fri Dec 24, 2010, 12:38 PM

Welcome (officially) Margarete. I have appreciated your informative posts. We are all here to learn from and support each other.

Happy holidays.
Catherine, wife of Bruce age 75; diagnosed 6/10/11 with macrocytic anemia, neutropenia and mild thrombocytopenia; BMB suggesting emerging MDS. Copper deficient. Currently receiving procrit and neuopogen injections weekly, B12 dermal cream and injections, Transfusions ~ 5 weeks.
Old Wed Dec 29, 2010, 06:15 PM

Vienna was the last international vacation we took before John got ill. We've been there twice and love it! Plan on going back someday.

Marlene
Marlene, wife to John DX w/SAA April 2002, Stable partial remission; Treated with High Dose Cytoxan, Johns Hopkins, June 2002. Final phlebotomy 11/2016. As of July 2021 HGB 12.0, WBC 4.70/ANC 3.85, Plts 110K.
Old Fri Dec 31, 2010, 05:40 PM

Sylvester

Hi Marlene, if you come to Vienna again, we could met and go for a Café or concert!

Just now it s half past 11 pm. Here in the center of Vienna there is a big party. Tomorrow the Vienna Philharmonic New Year's Concert 2011 will be broadcasted for the public with free entrance in front of the town hall at 11 a.m. and 15.p.m.

http://www.wienerphilharmoniker.at/

On the webside there is als a clock that shows now 11.45 pm.

For me it is too cold outside. My appartment-mate an i decided to celebrate New Year at 8.pm together, because we wanted to go to sleep soon. But now it has become late. .

I wish you all in the world a happy new year, health and happiness.

Kind regards,

Margarete