Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Regional Discussions > March for Marrow > South River New Jersey
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sat May 10, 2014, 06:57 PM
Marrowforums.org

South River New Jersey Hope, Steps & A Cure Walk/5K Run, June 8, 2014

Name:  Hope-Steps-and-A-Cure-logo-2014-small.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  30.4 KB

The South River NJ Hope, Steps & A Cure Walk/5K Run, a fundraising and awareness event to benefit the AA&MDSIF, will take place on Sunday, June 8, 2014 on Montgomery Street at South River High School. It will be a day of fun connecting with fellow patients and families.

Festivities include team photos, awards, a memorial celebration, inspirational speakers, refreshments, and a day of fun connecting with fellow patients and families affected by a bone marrow failure disease to raise awareness and funds.

Date:
Sunday June 8, 2014
Schedule:
9:30am: 5K Run registration
10:00am - noon: Photos
10:00am: Walk registration
11:00am: Walk begins
Noon: Awards
12:15pm: Memorial Celebration
12:15-1:00pm Refreshments
1:00pm: end of event
Montgomery Street at South River High School (Google map)

Walk Information

Parking is available in the lot behind 80 David Street (St. Mary's Coptic Church) which is at the intersection of Morningside Avenue and Montgomery Street.

The registration fee is $30 per person. Each walker and virtual walker is encouraged to set a personal fundraising goal and invite friends and family members to sponsor you online.

How to Sign Up
1. If you can attend
Go to the Walk Registration page, click the WALK Registration link, and fill out the form.
2. Virtual walkers
If you can't attend you can register as a "virtual walker". Go to the Walk Registration page, click the VIRTUAL WALK Registration link, and fill out the form.

5K Run Information

The 5K chip-timed course will wind through the streets of South River.

The registration fee is $35 per person.

How to Sign Up
Go to the Walk Registration page, click the 5K RUN Registration link, and fill out the form.

For full event details, see the South River NJ Hope, Steps & A Cure Walk 2014 page. If you have questions, post them in this thread.

If you plan to attend the Walk, post in this thread to let other attendees know to look for you!

After the Walk, let us know what you thought of the event.
Old Sun Jun 1, 2014, 05:23 PM
Marrowforums.org

It's one week until the South River New Jersey Hope, Steps & A Cure Walk and 5K Run (June 8, 2014).

We encourage everyone in the area to attend!
Old Sun Jun 1, 2014, 05:57 PM

Will consider this...
Married, father of three daughters; now 46; diagnosed w/ Major form MDS 6/18/2013; had low counts across the board; Multiple chromosome abnormalities; Finished 2nd round Dacogen 9/13; SCT - Oct. 31, 2013; Sibling match 10/10 ; 5.5% blasts down to 3%, now 1% (post BMT)
Old Sun Jun 1, 2014, 10:53 PM

Whizbang,

I work with the Houston Walk.
This a good fund raiser and a good way to meet other patients and families.
Dallas, Texas - Age 81 - Pure Red Cell Aplasia began March 2005 - Tried IVIG - Then cyclosporine and prednisone. Then Danazol, was added. Then only Danazol . HG reached 16.3 March 2015. Taken off all meds. Facebook PRCA group https://www.facebook.com/groups/PureRedCellAplasia/
Old Wed Jul 23, 2014, 02:58 PM

I was at this walk for my dad, who sadly passed away in April after 2 unsuccessful bone marrow transplants.

We raised over $23,000.00 at this walk.

Team Illuzzi was my team, we raised almost $4,000
Old Wed Jul 23, 2014, 04:13 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsSUCKS View Post
I was at this walk for my dad, who sadly passed away in April after 2 unsuccessful bone marrow transplants.

We raised over $23,000.00 at this walk.

Team Illuzzi was my team, we raised almost $4,000
Congratulations! I'm impressed by your dedication. Who knows how many future patients you and the other Walk supporters have helped?