Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Practical Issues > Questions and Answers
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Questions and Answers Not sure where to post a question? Post it here.

Old Tue May 28, 2013, 01:13 PM

Question CBC's low and now low reticulocyte absolute cts, what next?

Hi All, I have been anemic now for 2 yrs and am in watch and wait mode because my cts are only mildly low. Dr ordered a blood smear last visit and it came back with a low absolute reticulocyte ct, high ESR (blood sedimentation), high LDH, iron good, B12 good, low absolute monocytes, high lymphocyte % and still anemic. CBC are low for WBC, RBC, HMG, and HCT. PLT's are dropping but not too bad. It looks like bone marrow suppression.

So was wondering if I should request a BMB/aspiration at my next Dr visit so I have a plan? And will blood cts continue to move slowly or will they start dropping quickly? Has anyone out there had the slow dipping blood cts and how did it seem to progress? Thanks
Old Fri May 31, 2013, 07:24 PM

Anyone have slow decreasing blood counts?

Pretty new to all this!
I'm wondering if anyone out there has slowly declining blood counts that are from chemo 5years ago for breast cancer? My Dr is thinking there is damage to my bone marrow but can't tell yet if it is permanent damage. I have not had a BMB yet and am thinking that is my next course of action. Most of my counts are just below normal range but are declining steadily. Any input from anyone would be appreciated! Thanks
Old Sat Jun 1, 2013, 10:54 AM

Kdance

A BMB seems like agood idea if you have continuously dropping counts. Are you seeing a hematologist/oncologist? My counts dropped so rapidly that there was no question as what to do when I went to the hematologist...so I had a BMB. Diagnosis definitely takes a while and can be very frustrating. I wish you well!!