Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Treatments > Transplants
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Transplants Bone marrow and stem cell transplantation

Old Wed Oct 5, 2011, 07:07 AM

waiting for engraftment

hello, my daughter is day +13 of her transplant, she doing very well so far, we have no sign of engraftment yet, im starting to feel a bit disheartened waiting, i just want a little sign its worked..just wondering how long other people took to start to engraft.
Old Wed Oct 5, 2011, 09:43 AM
Owner

It took 17 days before new white cells were detected during my wife's transplant. Have you been tracking your daughter's WBC?

You might need to be patient only a little while longer.
Old Wed Oct 5, 2011, 06:09 PM

they give me ellas blood results everyday and there are no whites showing up yet..i feel like weve been waiting forever, what with the failed atg, more waiting to come!
Old Wed Oct 5, 2011, 08:29 PM
Owner

If it's any consolation, Kelly, I know exactly how you feel. They warn patients not to put too much weight on any single blood test, but our mood went up and down with my wife's daily CBCs, which we tracked in a spreadsheet. We waited for the WBC number every day and when her white count went from 0.0 to 0.3 it was an amazing feeling of success. We have our fingers crossed for Ella.
Old Thu Oct 6, 2011, 10:37 AM

Shes got a white blood count of 0.1 today..so hopefully its the start of something going on, its like a roller coaster up and down, im trying not to obsess over every count and be glad of the fact that she is well, this isolation is hard work with a five year old no matter how many toys/dvds and games you have!
Old Wed Oct 26, 2011, 06:38 PM

engraftment times?

hi, my daughter has just undergone a bone marrow transplant it was a mud 10/10 doner. We are on day 33 and have yet to see a improvement of her counts, she has been given gcsf and the white count flew up then they took her off and it crashed back down, so is back on it again. Her hb and platelets are still falling although not as fast as before, we got let home on day 27 and she is very well so far, but im concerned that its not engrafting, has anyone else experienced this? Or had to have a second bmt? Any thoughts would be great
Old Sat Oct 29, 2011, 08:53 PM

Kelly, I have no experience with BMT but wanted to let you know I'm thinking about Ella and will pray things go well. Hang in there.