Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Bone Marrow Failure Diseases > MDS
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

MDS Myelodysplastic syndromes

Old Mon Nov 19, 2012, 10:44 AM

Internal Bleeding?

Back again with more bad symptoms. My mom has been using peroxide on her mouth sores and they are getting better.

The new symptom is that her head and neck hurt. I am wondering if it is from internal bleeding. They started aching her yesterday and her appointment with the doctor is this afternoon. She is extremely tired and she is not eating well.

Any thoughts?

Thank you so much,

Yaka
Old Mon Nov 19, 2012, 03:04 PM

I don't know what the signs are for brain bleeds. if it is really sudden and bad I think but maybe the dr will give you some news about this today. if not get her to the er
Old Mon Nov 19, 2012, 04:56 PM

So the doctor says that it is not internal bleeding. She is not vomiting, or show any other signs of it being. I hope it doesn't develop into that. He missed her having a cold and then it turned into pneumonia. I don't have too much faith in him.

Also, her numbers were good HGB 10.2 WBC ? Platelets were up to 13 from 9

Thanks,
Yaka
Old Tue Nov 20, 2012, 06:46 PM

if you can look in her mouth try to see if they look like blood blisters. My dad got those. There is a medication to help stop bleeding in case of low plts. good luck hon.
Old Wed Nov 21, 2012, 03:20 PM

Internal Bleeding

Dear Yaka,

You sould be very carefull, because your mom symptoms are very serious. I know all that kind of sympthoms from my mom. She has got very bad headache, and no appitite. After she slept too much and after pneumonia came. Her plt was very low, we tought it can be enough for her because it was 8000. Unfortunately when she started to bleeding it wasn't enough for her. You should support her plts and the doc should use very special antibiotics her for if she has pneumonia. Otherwise she doesnt fell better.

I'm so sad because My mom lost her battle two days ago after that kind symptoms and after using dacogen first cycle. Because of this I wanted to help you. Hurry up and pls help to your mom. I will pray for your mom. God will help her

Ece