Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Bone Marrow Failure Diseases > MDS
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

MDS Myelodysplastic syndromes

Old Thu Aug 6, 2015, 09:08 PM

Clofarabine & cytarabine tx need help

I posted this on 8/6 and have had no responses, all I am asking for is some help to get through this. Are there any suggestion out there? It is now 8/9 and my husband is not feeling much better, maybe it is just a waiting game to see if his counts come back.....in the meantime, we are doing what we think will help....he is resting often, walking around when he can, he has mild headache and a moving temp.....any suggestions would be appreciated, thank you in advance.

Hi, my husband just finished a 5 day treatment of the above and he is now at nadir I believe. His last treatment was 7/31/15 it is now 8/6/15 and his counts are lower than ever. I am very concerned and am asking for some advise. Wbc is .1; red is 7.1; and platelets are 5. He also has had a headache for the last day and a half and is down.....he is scheduled for transfusions on Friday for red and platelets. What can we do to help with his counts or help him feel better? He is scheduled to see his onc next wednesday.....yikes....his onc is aware of what is happening. Any advise would be appreciated....thanks in advance.....

Last edited by Umaterr : Sun Aug 9, 2015 at 11:16 AM. Reason: No responses to my post