Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Treatments > Drugs and Drug Treatments
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Drugs and Drug Treatments ATG, Cyclosporine, Revlimid, Vidaza, Dacogen, ...

Old Sun Sep 13, 2015, 11:42 AM

Hives with MDS

My husband is on a clinical trial for MDS which he has been receiving Vidaza which stopped working and is now on his 3rd round of Omacetacine. After having this disease for 3 years with very low blood counts in all 3 areas, this is his first bout with hives. He is on antibiotics twice daily for several months now due to WBC being critical. Does anyone know of any specific creams or lotions that helped the itch. He is taking an Antihistamine as needed.

Mary L
Old Sun Sep 13, 2015, 02:27 PM

Ammonium Lactate Lotion

Mary,
I have had a problem with itching (is that similar to hives?) since they suspected me of having MDS. I went through several antihistamines to no avail. The latest thing that was prescribed is Perrigo Ammonium Lactate Lotion 12%. I got it via a prescription but I think you can buy it over the counter. It hasn't eliminated the itching entirely but it has helped.

Good luck!

Data
Old Sun Sep 13, 2015, 05:27 PM

Sorry yr husband is so unwell. Lavender oil can relieve itching from hives. When i had 10% blasts i was getting hives. How is yr husbands blast count?.
Dx MDS RAEB 10% blasts + hypogammaglobulinemia, Sep 2011. Jan 2012 BMB - blasts down to 2% w/out treatment so BMT cancelled. Re-diagnosis RCMD. Watch and wait from Feb 2012. IVIg 5-weekly. New diagnosis Oct 2019 AML 23% blasts in marrow, 10% blasts in peripheral blood.