The AA&MDSIF is offering free registration to their Patient & Family Conference through July 16, 2007. The conference will be held August 15-17 at the Renaissance Las Vegas
hotel. After July 16, the registration fee is $100 per person. Late registration at the door will be available for $150 per person.
The conference provides many opporunities to gather information about aplastic anemia, MDS, and PNH, meet with experts in the field of bone marrow failure diseases, and network with patients and families for support during and after the conference.
A special get-together of Marrowforums
members will take place on Friday afternoon, August 17. Details will be announced at the conference.
A presentation by Maria Hardin has been added to the list of conference speakers. Here's the updated list:
Topics and Events
- Aplastic Anemia: Dr. Neal Young, National Heart, Lung & Blood Institute of the National Institutes of Health
- PNH: Dr. Jaroslaw Maciejewski, Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- MDS: Dr. Steven Gore, Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center of Johns Hopkins
- Bone Marrow Transplants (BMT): Dr. Joachim Deeg, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Pediatric Issues: Dr. David Margolis, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
- Future of Research in BMFD: Dr. Ron Paquette, University of California, Los Angeles
- Causes of BMFD and Epidemiology: Dr. Jaroslaw Maciejewski
- Experimental Drugs: Maria Hardin, Vice President of Patient Services for the National Organization for Rare Disorders
- Meet & Greet Dinner: Get to know other patients and family members and hear an overview of bone marrow failure diseases.
- Sessions: Hear information and updates on treatments, iron overload, bone marrow and stem cell transplants, and pediatric issues.
- Question & Answer Sessions: Ask questions of the expert presenters.
- Roundtable discussions: Talk with presenters and other attendees in small groups.
- Support & Coping Workshops: Meet with others for support in a facilitated group.
- Expo Area: View exhibits and learn about medications, products, and services.
- Marrowforums Get-Together: Meet other forum members.