Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Treatments > Transplants
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Transplants Bone marrow and stem cell transplantation

Old Fri Mar 5, 2010, 11:12 PM

Thank you for your replys

Posted just recently under AA. Thanks to the people who directed me over to this section on the forum. New birthday July 14, 2009. Diagnosis AA 1992 but looking back into military medical records they traced that I was probably AA from a bone marrow biopsy from 1979 when my platets were 60 and low end normal RBC and WBC. Doing very well after transplant last summer and thanks for those who wished me well from my post on my health currently. Transplanted Cleveland Clinic last year when my luck and body finally ran out. Spent 13 days on ward after transplant shunt out in 53 days just got off last cyclosporine (sp) last month. Feel free to contact to share experiences or advice with others. Thank you again pete.
Old Sat Mar 6, 2010, 01:41 AM
Owner

Who was your donor, Peter?
Old Sat Mar 6, 2010, 07:02 AM

ooh doesn't it feel good to get off the cyclosporine? For me, I instantly felt so much more like myself again, and I could drop about 3 drugs that were just there to control the side effects of it!

Your rebirthday's close to mine - 8 July 2009.
36/F - 1984 SAA treated with ATG [complete remission until] Oct 08 - burst blood vessels in eyes and low platelets; Jan 09 - AA & hypo-MDS; July 09 - BMT (RIC MUD PSCT) July 10 - 10k for Anthony Nolan (1yr post BMT! 53:48) Sep 10 - Wedding! I've run 5 marathons now!! (PB 3:30!)
Old Sat Mar 6, 2010, 11:43 AM

My donor

..was my sister who was who is 10 years older. She spent the whole month with me prior, because of not risking flying back to California after all the tests she had to go through, and risking catching any kind of illness. She was 8 0f 8 and perfect on double DNA strand. I didn't go through radiation 4 course chemo and atg then waited. Only Bactrim ( which I go off this next visit ) then all alone with acyclovir for the next 2 years. Cyclosporine screws up everything plus the extra Mg you have to take because of it along with Bactim.
You looking forward to all those shots in July for your birthday ?
Big parties in July