Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Bone Marrow Failure Diseases > MDS
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

MDS Myelodysplastic syndromes

Old Thu Apr 15, 2010, 10:26 PM

MDS (Low Plalettes- Low White Cells)

Hello ... I am just wondering if someone has experienced a jump on plalettes when being on holidays (outside of the country).
It seems that every time I go on holidays my plalettes go up when I come back. Do you think it could be stress related????

For the past 2 years my plalettes have been within the 30+ mark, last month they went down to the 26 - climb up while on holidays and now they are back to 26 again.
I don't take any medicines at this point "Watch and wait". I feel fine but getting worry ...
Any comments...feeling down and depressed -
Old Fri Apr 16, 2010, 10:01 PM

Hey there... I so much understand your anguish! I am watching and waiting too. 2 years is a long time to wait. I am only at the beginning. A few months ago I discovered my platelet drop. And it's pretty much staying low. It is difficult to just get on with life hey. But I'm with ya!

Hope you have some understanding family or friends to keep your spirits up... often it's hard for them to understand what you're going through, because "you look so well!". Hang in there matey. You're not alone on this journey.

Jules
Julie (38yrs); dx AA 1996 & treated w/ATG, cyclosporine & G-CSF; 2010 dx int-1 secondary MDS, low platelets, on prevention antibiotics, fevers of unknown origin, MUD found for BMT when the time is right, which is now! MDS transformed to AML after many infections.
Old Sat Apr 17, 2010, 04:40 AM

Platelets and stress

Hi RDD,
I have been a member of a support group for patients with the bleeding disease Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura since my dx May 2006 when my platelets were 65. Patients with that disease can have very low platelet counts and they often write that lower platelets are stressrelated.
Kind regards
Birgitta-A
Last platelet count 27