Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Bone Marrow Failure Diseases > MDS
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

MDS Myelodysplastic syndromes

Old Sun Jun 6, 2010, 03:37 PM

watching Dad

watching him slowly die is taking its toll on me. He had his normal 2 units of blood wednesday but it didn't do any good that we can see. He is very weak. I had thought maybe it was the passing of his sister that was causing this mood or whatever it is but I think it just kicked everything into high gear. This is so hard.
Old Mon Jun 7, 2010, 11:03 AM
Owner

Elaine,

This must be so difficult for you. Your dedication and caring are obvious. It's hard to know just what you are going through seeing your Dad's transfusions give him no boost and, even worse, watching him lose his spirit. While the doctors worry about his blood counts and transfusion schedule he's probably still thinking about losing his sister as well as losing his own freedom to do what he'd rather be doing.

Please remember that your being there for him is what counts the most. He must realize how fortunate he is to have you on his side. I hope you can continue to comfort him that way.
Old Mon Jun 7, 2010, 01:25 PM

thank you Neil for your response. Yes it is very hard to deal with but by the grace of God I will make it. I took him to his kidney dr today and to me his counts are not good. I have misplaced his last ones but his white count is up to 11.9 and I know that is up like 5 pts from 6 something I think 3 weeks ago. I have to find them to compare. waaaaaaaaaa