Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Treatments > Drugs and Drug Treatments
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Drugs and Drug Treatments ATG, Cyclosporine, Revlimid, Vidaza, Dacogen, ...

Old Sun Jul 8, 2012, 08:38 AM

Gene Sequencing - Great NYTimes Article

Hi All!

The NY Times has just put up the first in a three-part series of articles on gene sequencing for cancer treatment, focusing on a doctor-researcher at Washington University in St. Louis who has ALL.

It's an excellent article, and has a really great illustration with it of how the gene sequencing led to identifying a treatment. This is undoubtedly where we are headed in treatment for MDS and other cancers, as soon as the price of sequencing gets cheaper.

So check it out! if the link above doesn't work for you or you can't get past the NYT paywall (I think they let non-subscribers read 20 articles a month), send me an email or private message and I'll get you a copy.

Take care!

Greg
Greg, 59, dx MDS RCMD Int-1 03/10, 8+ & Dup1(q21q31). NIH Campath 11/2010. Non-responder. Tiny telomeres. TERT mutation. Danazol at NIH 12/11. TX independent 7/12. Pancreatitis 4/15. 15% blasts 4/16. DX RAEB-2. Beginning Vidaza to prep for MUD STC. Check out my blog at www.greghankins.com
Old Sun Jul 8, 2012, 01:58 PM

The link worked for me, Greg. Thanks for posting this. Very interesting article.
Catherine, wife of Bruce age 75; diagnosed 6/10/11 with macrocytic anemia, neutropenia and mild thrombocytopenia; BMB suggesting emerging MDS. Copper deficient. Currently receiving procrit and neuopogen injections weekly, B12 dermal cream and injections, Transfusions ~ 5 weeks.
Old Sun Jul 8, 2012, 03:50 PM

NY Times article

Got it also! Interesting! Thanx!!!
Old Mon Jul 9, 2012, 08:43 PM

The NY Times has up the second and third parts of its series on genetic testing and cancer.

Greg
Greg, 59, dx MDS RCMD Int-1 03/10, 8+ & Dup1(q21q31). NIH Campath 11/2010. Non-responder. Tiny telomeres. TERT mutation. Danazol at NIH 12/11. TX independent 7/12. Pancreatitis 4/15. 15% blasts 4/16. DX RAEB-2. Beginning Vidaza to prep for MUD STC. Check out my blog at www.greghankins.com
Old Sat Jul 14, 2012, 07:27 PM

Thank you Greg!