"Marrow Movers" Walking for AAMAC -Sunday September 27, 2009
Sunday September 27, 2009 is the 20th Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon – fast, flat and festive! AAMAC is one of the official charities that will use the five kilometre walk/run as a fundraiser. It is the first time we will be participating, as the ‘Marrow Movers’.
Beginning at 10:20 a.m. inside the Princes’ Gate of the Canadian National Exhibition, the short and scenic distance finishes at Toronto City Hall’s Nathan Phillips Square in time to meet friends for brunch. A brisk walk several times a week is usually enough to get you prepared for a 5K route. This is an ideal event for the whole family to support — there are no age restrictions!
You can register online for the walk, and even the fundraising. Donationscan be made online or you can download a pledge form from either the race website or our own site, www.aamac.ca.
Let’s make this a cross-country event! Online pledging means you can support this fundraising effort by rounding up support for any of the walkers/runners registered to support AAMAC. You don’t have to be in Toronto to participate!
Join the ‘Marrow Movers’ today!
• Each Marrow Mover receives a red and white “Lifeblood” bracelet.
• Raise $250 or more and we’ll cover your entry fee for the 5K walk.
• Walk with your family – the first 12 children age 13 or under who join the walk will each receive one Webkinz® pet courtesy of GANZ. (Just email or phone Susan with your child’s name.)
• The Marrow Mover who raises the most funds for AAMAC this year will receive a $50 movie gift certificate.
• Let us know if you are walking in honour or memory of someone and we’ll include their name in our national newsletter.
Register at: www.torontowaterfrontmarathon.com and contact volunteer Susan McVeigh at 416-251-9552 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Confused with Bone marrow report||teo||MDS||168||Mon May 5, 2014 10:20 AM|
|Free One-Day MDS Conference in Los Angeles, September 2009||Marrowforums||News and Events||9||Sun Oct 4, 2009 01:34 AM|
|Free Session for AA Patients in Los Angeles, September 2009||Marrowforums||News and Events||1||Fri Sep 25, 2009 01:25 PM|
|PNH Webinar, September 2009||Marrowforums||News and Events||0||Mon Sep 14, 2009 05:43 PM|