Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Practical Issues > General Health Issues
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Health Issues Diet and appetite, sleep and fatigue, pain management, exercise, etc.

Old Tue Oct 21, 2014, 02:14 AM

abdominal pain

Does anyone have abdominal pain with a lot of bloating that is worse when standing and very short of breath.
Old Wed Oct 22, 2014, 03:36 PM

Hey beezie1955,

I had something simillar back in Feburary. In my case, the pain sort of shifted from the top of my stomach to the side, with it hurting more when i would stand. My stomach also hurt when I would bend my leg towards me. After a few days of this pain, I got a scan done and turned out it was appendicitis! Due to my AA and low platelets, instead of removing it they treated it with antibiotics, and I never had to get it removed

Not sure if you have the same thing, but its worth getting it checked out if it persists or seems to be getting worse!
Old Thu Nov 6, 2014, 10:49 AM

Abdominal pain post infection

My husband, diagnosed with high risk MDS about a year ago, has had abdominal pain, nausea and gas for the last 5 weeks. So far there is no explanation or relief of these symptoms after a CT scan, tests for bacteria, several doctors exams, and treatment with prilosec and zofran. Liquid diet resolved the symptoms and moving to a soft diet increased symptoms only somewhat, but when his diet crosses some line we don't understand, he suffers. He was hospitalized for two weeks with pneumonia 6 weeks prior to the pain starting, but the GI doc says normal flora usually repopulate within a week. We're going for an upper GI series and ultrasound for gallstones today. Would love to hear from those who've found a cause under similar circumstances.
Old Thu Nov 6, 2014, 11:31 AM

You may want to consider Celiac Disease or Lactose intolerance...

I've gone completely Gluten free, and Milk free pretty easily... I do eat fish & chicken, no cheese... Almond milk is a great substitute for regular milk (taste wise)... There is a lot of controversy regarding soy milk and the natural hormones, so I steer clear...

Hope you find the source of your GI issues...

All the Best, and may God Bless!!! (us all)
Married, father of three daughters; now 46; diagnosed w/ Major form MDS 6/18/2013; had low counts across the board; Multiple chromosome abnormalities; Finished 2nd round Dacogen 9/13; SCT - Oct. 31, 2013; Sibling match 10/10 ; 5.5% blasts down to 3%, now 1% (post BMT)