Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Treatments > Drugs and Drug Treatments
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Drugs and Drug Treatments ATG, Cyclosporine, Revlimid, Vidaza, Dacogen, ...

Old Sat Oct 10, 2015, 11:10 AM

Anyone taking Jadenu ?

I wanted to see if anyone is taking Jadenu to help with excess iron & if they have had any problems with side effects ? I have been taking it for about 3 weeks and am having stomach problems. I know most meds can cause upset stomach, but this is a queasy feeling all the time and everything I eat makes it worse. I don't know if this is normal and will go away soon or if I should call Dr.
Old Tue Oct 13, 2015, 11:36 AM

Hi - I took Jadenu for several weeks before my transplant without any noticeable side effects. The drug does list quite a few, some scary, and I was a bit concerned about taking it. Digestive issues, I recall, was a common side effect.

I would definitely report your problem to your hematologist - they may be familiar with your symptoms and be able to address them somehow with another medication or adjust the dose. I've found its not good to keep things from the doctor - even something that seems very minor -

Good luck
Paul
Lower risk MDS diagnosed 2012. Recurring skin nodules treated with prednisone, otherwise watch and wait. HG dropped from 11.5 to 8.7. Kept going down to 5. Vidaza didn't work. BMT from MUD on September 10 2015
Old Thu Oct 15, 2015, 05:09 PM

Thanks Paul S

I will see my hematologist next week and I am going to tell him about stomach problems. I am taking (3) 180 mg pills a day. Hope he can reduce amount. I go in once a month and they take a pint of blood to reduce iron but Dr. said it would take 2 yrs. to get count down doing it that way. How are you feeling ?
Old Sun Jan 24, 2016, 09:22 AM

Jadenu and peppermint

I started taking Jadenu for a week in December at 810mg per day because my ferritin was up to 2600. After the week my spleen was really hurting so the doc had me stop for a week. My ferritin had dropped from 2600 to 1200. I have now been back on Jadenu for two weeks at 360 mg per day with no side effects.

For stomach upset I simply pop an old fashioned peppermint candy into my mouth, and it calms my stomach.
Old Mon Jan 25, 2016, 12:38 AM

If you don't want to eat candy, peppermint tea is also good for nausea.
Dx MDS RAEB 10% blasts + hypogammaglobulinemia, Sep 2011. Jan 2012 BMB - blasts down to 2% w/out treatment so BMT cancelled. Re-diagnosis RCMD. Watch and wait from Feb 2012. IVIg 5-weekly. New diagnosis Oct 2019 AML 23% blasts in marrow, 10% blasts in peripheral blood.