Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Practical Issues > General Health Issues
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Health Issues Diet and appetite, sleep and fatigue, pain management, exercise, etc.

Old Mon Oct 3, 2011, 02:19 PM

Port problem

I had a scare-fright (and it's not even Halloween yet) on Friday; base of neck and eyes were swollen; cat scan showed obstruction in a vein a couple inches from my port. I've had the port for 2 years without any problems, except for difficulty extracting blood a couple of times. Apparently, this is just a minor incident caused by the port. Am relieved that the swelling was not directly caused by my disease.
Dr. started me on Lovenox (blood thinner). Wanted to know if anyone else has had this experience.