Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Treatments > Transplants
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Transplants Bone marrow and stem cell transplantation

Old Thu Mar 21, 2013, 09:11 PM

Bone Marrow Biopsy

Today I got my biospy results. There is no evidence of MDS in my bone marrow and I have 100 percent engraftment. The Dr called the BMT a success. Now what. I am currrently taking 100 milligrams of cyclosporine a day, how long will they take to cut that to zero? I have been weening off prednisone forever, I am down to 10 milligrams a day and am like darn, lets just finish it... I am ready to get off the meds...
Old Thu Mar 21, 2013, 11:44 PM

Good for you Cam. Lets hope you can kick this BK virus very soon and get on with the new 'normal' living.

Hopefully by July this year (perhaps around the first anniversary of DX), Paul will be in the same position as you - 100% engraftment.

I enjoy reading your posts on the forum - they are very down to earth and realistic. Hopefully you will be able to point Paul in the right direction as he enters the roller coaster ride to recovery.

Sandi
Sandi, partner of Paul 62, diagnosed MDS Intermediate 2; July 2012. Pancytopenia, Cytogenetics -7 +8 Chromosomes. Low Blast cell count. Currently on EPO & G-CSF and having great response. MUD found will be admitted to Royal Perth Hospital 27 March 2013 to start SCT process.