Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Bone Marrow Failure Diseases > MDS
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

MDS Myelodysplastic syndromes

Old Sat Jul 19, 2014, 07:13 AM

Painful lymph nodes

Has anyone experienced painful lymph nodes?
I have pain in one armpit and one inner elbow. I cannot palpate the lymph nodes but have definite pain even when sleeping.
I called hematologist, they said that reactive lymph nodes are a part of MDS as a result of an infection or inflammation. He said very very unlikely to be a sign of leukemia. I am not sick, no fever, lots of energy and good appetite so I wouldn't think an infection.
Just wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this?
Old Sat Jul 19, 2014, 10:12 AM

I had those once years ago and it went away. Of course I had them checked. I think the more I stressed about it the more they were apparent. Maybe you should check out medical marijuana, I've never tried it for anxiety, but I've heard some things.
Male 56, MDS 2008, pre SCT Hypocellular 5-30%, Normal Cytogenetics. WBC 500, anc 45, Blasts 15%, Platelets 45, HGB 7, RBCC 1.71, HCT 20.5, MCV 120. Became Transfusion dependent 3/2016. 5 cycles VIdaza started 3/14/16 which reduced Blast counts. . Marrow Transplant 9/1/16, Hereditary MDS/AML.
Old Sat Jul 19, 2014, 12:25 PM

I never knew we had lymph nodes around the elbow...
Perhaps it would be prudent to schedule an appointment and have them look at the lymph nodes in question.
Its not uncommon for people to put themselves in an infinite loop with anxiety and stress. If that's the case perhaps a mild anti-anxiety would benefit you although not recommended long term because they're highly addictive.

@KYIS - Not a bad idea
Old Wed Jul 23, 2014, 05:26 AM

jmajjb - Have you tried taking St. Johns Wort (hypericum) for anxiety? It's natural and really does help.
Dx MDS RAEB 10% blasts + hypogammaglobulinemia, Sep 2011. Jan 2012 BMB - blasts down to 2% w/out treatment so BMT cancelled. Re-diagnosis RCMD. Watch and wait from Feb 2012. IVIg 5-weekly. New diagnosis Oct 2019 AML 23% blasts in marrow, 10% blasts in peripheral blood.