Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Bone Marrow Failure Diseases > Bone Marrow Failure
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bone Marrow Failure Causes, treatment approaches, terminology, related diseases

Old Sat Jun 21, 2008, 10:46 PM

Hello Chirley

Like you I live in Oz. A hint perhaps for getting your results. when I have my blood taken I ask for a form and fill that in a request for me to have the same results as the doctors do. when the results are in they ring me and I pick it up at the point where I had the blood taken. Now from having nothing to look at I have all the results. If you have it done at the hospital they still have to give them to you!!!! Just ask for the request form. I felt off the first time but after three times I'm comfortable with it, and know before I see the Haem. what I need to ask, Mine doesn't say much either, and it does make me mad, but I don't like to see pushy,. If I was sick like you I certainly would though.
As for work giving you extra, just tell them that you have been feeling quite sick lately and can't cope with extra work.<G> They manage when you are off don't they? All the best, yvonne
Old Sun Jun 22, 2008, 09:10 AM

Neupogen ????

Hello Chirley,

First off, I just have to say.. WOW! The road department called and said they were sorry. Here, they would take the road and make you hover to work. I'm liking "down Under" more each day. Well, I am still an American Fighting man, so I will stick around.

On the neuprogen issue. I have not posted yet on pop's progress since Friday. His whites went from 3.1 to 31.5 in one week. The doctor stated he may be having a rejection of the neuprogen. He is now off it. I was going to wait until the next series of blood tests came in. He did buckle for blood. He was near 6.9 on Friday, so they gave him 2 units. He is week to week now and he is slurring his speech. I will tell more later.

Please read up on the nitrogen. This was one of the side effects, as well as some organ damage. Have your Dr. give you ALL the facts.

As for your cat, well when it gets cold or hunger, I'm sure home is where it will be headed. Cats are wild at heart. That is why I am a dog person. Cats are too independent.

Keep in touch.

Scott
Son Of Bob
Scott, Son of BOB. My father, diagnosed 9/07 with "hypo-cellular acute bone marrow Leukemia" AA, AML & MDS. He was 77 years old 08/25/2008. He was being treated with Ara-C, blood and platelets w/needed. Stopped blood treatments 12/08/08 & passed 12/23/2008. Pop was the best father and friend.