Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Bone Marrow Failure Diseases > AA
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AA Aplastic anemia

Old Sat Oct 18, 2014, 04:51 PM

husband was newly diagnosed yesterday

I am 44 yrs old. My husband is 45. He was confirmed with AA yesterday at Barnes Hospital in St Louis, MO. We live near Springfield, IL. He will be starting immunosuppressant therapy on Tuesday, October 21st in St. Louis which is 100 miles away from our home. I will be staying with him. We have a 13 year old daughter at home. Just wanting to find others near us fighting the AA battle as well or with stories of the fight.
Old Mon Oct 20, 2014, 10:16 AM

Hello. My husband (45) was diagnosed Aug. 11 of this year. He received the ATG at Mayo Clinic in Rochester MN. We are 8 weeks out from the treatment. We live in North Dakota and have four kids (16, 14, 9, and 5). If I can be of any help to you along this journey, please contact me. There are many here who know so much about this disease and I'm learning from them. I'm praying his ATG treatment goes smoothly.
Old Mon Oct 20, 2014, 11:04 PM

Question SAA

My father is 73 years old. Suffering SAA. Very low platelets count 10000 only.Need blood & platelets transfusion every 10 to 15 days interval.Is papaya leaf extract powder help him for increase his platelets count
Old Tue Apr 7, 2015, 10:28 AM

Talking Me too

I was diagnosed with AA just before I turned 45. 17 YEARS later I am doing fine, just a bit older (not wiser though, ha ha) and have been able to have a "normal" life. I had a wife and two young children at the time, still have all of them, and yes I was treated 190km (120 miles) away which was a 2 hour drive each way for the family to visit me. It was three months before I got home. Hang in there, it is a long haul. Your husband will require all the medical help he can get but, from personal experience, the help and positive attitude from family and friends will be the most rewarding.

Last edited by Trever Beetle : Tue Apr 7, 2015 at 10:29 AM. Reason: grammar