Tell Your Story Say hello or share your experiences

Old Mon May 21, 2007, 05:09 PM

so afraid

hello my frinds
that's me again micho

i'm in my about 160 days after bone marrow transplantation
i was suffering from law back pain all this time
i did x ray and RMI , but nothing appear

from 2 days adid a 2nd RMI , my doctor told me that they saw some little alterations in my sacrum bones , but they dont know from what it is
cause it cauld be a relapse or other thing

after 2 days i will do a PET SCAN to see what it's ..........
i'm so afraid and lost ,
if someone had some experience or a doctor or anyone .... plz give me some answers
i need everyone
thank u lot
Old Mon May 21, 2007, 06:10 PM
Owner

It's perfectly natural to be afraid when you know something is wrong but you don't know the cause. Back pain can be especially frustrating because there are many possible causes and the doctors may need you to take a lot of tests to diagnose it. If you didn't have back pain before your transplant, then I think it's reasonable to assume the pain you have now could be transplant related, maybe another symptom of GVHD.

Pain can be harder to diagnose than more visible symptoms like the skin rash you had from GVHD. Each type of test (X-ray, CT scan, bone scan, etc.) gives the doctors a different kind of information. Some tests identify the structure/size/position of bones and organs, but a PET scan can identify biological activity to see "what's going on." The PET scan should be an easy procedure and the results should be back in a matter of days.

If they've narrowed the problem to the pelvic area where the sacrum and ilium are, I see that as progress towards a diagnosis that will let you and your doctor determine the appropriate treatment.
Old Mon May 28, 2007, 12:34 PM

Hang in there

Micho,

Stay in the fight and try to stay positive. You are not alone. I have found that my faith in God has helped me tremendously in getting through the hard times. I will pray that God eases your anxiety and helps you through this difficult time.
Tom, age 56, diagnosed with MDS RAEB Oct of 2006. Previously treated w/ vidaza, unsuccessfully. Revlimid successful 1 year. Progressed to AML 4/08 w/ 20% blasts, now in remission. BMT to take place 10/08.