Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Treatments > Transplants
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Transplants Bone marrow and stem cell transplantation

Old Wed Feb 3, 2016, 01:26 PM

Giant Cell Arteritis * Graft vs Host?

After 6 years post transplant, my husband has begun to experience a severe headache that has lasted at least two weeks now. He is being tested for the possibility of Giant Cell Arteritis or also called Temporal Arteritis. This is done first by testing his Sed Rate for inflammation and if that is high, the next step would be a biopsy of the temporal artery. I came home today from the doctor and did some quick reading on this. It dawned on me that this could be a Graft VS Host issue.

I guess my question is if anyone has had this problem post transplant? One positive note to pass on here is that after a transplant success, you do get past thinking about it all the time. Every sniffle, ache or pain, doesn't strike fear into your heart. So, going into today, I never gave this a thought until I got a bit more info on this.

Any transplant patient experience this?
Mary, wife of Mike age 70; diagnosed MDS RARS 1999. Tried Vidaza, Revlimid, and Dacogen. SCT 10/1/09 at U of MI; induction FluBu2; sister perfect match donor. 5 years out, little to no GVHD. Off all meds. God is good