Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Practical Issues > Insurance, Finances, Disability, Veterans Benefits
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Insurance, Finances, Disability, Veterans Benefits Your finances, insurance, job issues, and veterans benefits

Old Tue Feb 8, 2011, 07:19 PM

Copay Assistance

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up. At the AA-MDS conference last fall outside of NYC I learned that the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society offers a copay assistance program that covers MDS Patients. I applied and was accepted in the program. This week LLS paid my yearly copay of $1,000 for my Revlimid Prescription directly to Medco. And luckly for me the start date for the program was last July which is the same month I had to come up with last year's $1,000 copay. So I will receive reinmursment of last year's $1,000 also. Details can be found at www.lls.org
Old Wed Feb 9, 2011, 11:41 AM
Owner

The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society also has a general Patient Financial Aid program that offers up to $150 each year to MDS patients in the U.S. Part of the application form must be filled out by your doctor, but it's otherwise very simply to apply.
Old Wed Apr 27, 2011, 12:11 PM

Some states and counties also offer financial assistance to people in need of help paying for medical costs. You can usually check with your local health department to see what assistance is offered. That's great that you were accepted and that they helped pay for your insurance copay. Besides these options, has anyone ever gotten short term health insurance?

Last edited by CindyW : Sat Apr 30, 2011 at 09:42 PM.