Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Bone Marrow Failure Diseases > MDS
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

MDS Myelodysplastic syndromes

Old Sat Jul 23, 2011, 12:11 PM

Question Dacogen schedule

I have a dilemma, a "good" one, tho! When 1st diagnosed (MDS unspecified) in June '09 my counts were WBC 4.6; hgb 7.4; platelets 13! After 3 months of dacogen, a few transfusions and procrit, my counts JUMPED to Hgb 12; platelets 150, and white count 2-3. For 26 months now my counts have stayed completely stable Hgb 12-13; platelets 150-250, BUT my white counts continue to be low 1.8 - 2.5! One month In Jan, I had to delay my 3 weeks off, 1 week on schedule because of snow, the delay was 4 weeks off, 1 week on and after that my counts were: Hgb 14; WBC 3.8; platelets 250! I have continuously had discussions with my physician about altering the schedule (JUST ONCE) the 4 weeks off, 1 on, just to see if that white count does better after have 4 weeks to recup from the dacogen. She says she wants to "get as much of the dacogen in me as possible." which I guess makes since, but my real question "is the dacogen keeping my white count down???" I know that one of the side effects is to bring down the white count. I have been perfectly healthly, even tho those Grans have continued to be low, about .3 -.8, but wouldn't it be interesting to find out by going a bit longer, between treatments, to see if they would recup! Would love to hear from other Dacogen users and compare notes! LOVE THIS SITE!

Last edited by kgtuck : Sat Jul 23, 2011 at 01:10 PM. Reason: cancel duplicate