Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Community > Tell Your Story
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tell Your Story Say hello or share your experiences

Old Thu Jan 29, 2015, 03:09 PM

Help!

Hello everyone,great site and a great help.my dad who is 70 yrs Young was diagnosed with MDS RAEB-1 around 18 months ago.He has blood every two weeks and he is on eprex and gcsf.he has the last few weeks starting to look ill,sleep more and more breathless.His red blood count is 91,platelets 47000 and nuetrophils 0.4.They told him he is only at the start of what he can take to help him and there are lots of other options he can take.I would like to ask if there is anything you can reccomend as he has an appointment with his main consultant next week and I want to be prepared to ask about all the options.Also want to ask if his blood results are good bad or ok-ish.Thankyou to you all.Neil x
Old Thu Jan 29, 2015, 05:15 PM

I am sorry for the diagnosis. I hope you are discussing this with an experienced MDS doctor.

Ask about "the plan"? I am only guessing that Vidaza will be in the immediate plan if they can get his numbers up. If he is physically able in other areas, a stem cell transplant could easily be in the "plan".

Do not hesitate to learn as much as possible and act quickly. It will help to keep close track of all tests. I am surprised at the comment, "there are lots of other options he can take".

This forum will help you greatly.