Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Community > Tell Your Story
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tell Your Story Say hello or share your experiences

Old Fri Sep 15, 2006, 06:46 PM

Andrea Pecor's Personal Profile

You can read my story of 26 years of living with aplastic anemia on my Personal Profile Page. This is the thread for comments about it.

I post it here with the intention of giving hope to those who are newly diagnosed, solace to those who are tired of being strong and inspiration to those who think there are no more questions to ask.

Last edited by Andrea Pecor : Thu Sep 21, 2006 at 12:49 PM.
Old Sun Sep 17, 2006, 02:23 PM

Andrea,

That is an abslolutely compelling testimony of bravery and persistence.

I admire your attitude so much.....

Please continue to press on with renewed hope and vitality...AA and other bone marrow afflicted patients can learn a lot from what you have been through.

My wife is a MDS transplant survivor.

God Bless You.

Paul Baxter
Old Sat Nov 4, 2006, 04:41 PM

Small world...

Thank you for sharing your story!

I was a patient of Dr. Castro-Malaspina, as well. My doctor here in PA sent me up to him for a second opinion before i got officially diagnosed. He was wonderful. He talked to me like an adult, like a real person. My doctors here in PA always talked to me as if i was a child, rather than a 20-year-old (at that time...i'm now 22) adult. He was the one who ran the HLA testing on my sister to see if she was a match (she wasn't) and he was the one who made all the recommendations regarding my treatment plan. If i would have ended up getting a transplant, i would have wanted to get it under his care. He told me i could call him anytime if i ever had questions, and he meant it. It's interesting coming across another person on here who has dealt with him as well, especially since there are so many doctors there.

Good luck to you!

-Brittany
Old Thu May 6, 2010, 05:54 PM

Thank you very much

Your story is a source of comfort and inspiration.

It was the best medicine I took in these last days. It immediatly made me feel "My husband can manage it as well."

You made a whole difference in my life.

Thank you for this!

Sincerelly
Old Mon Feb 23, 2015, 04:05 PM

Andrea, thank you for sharing your inspiring story.

Neil Cuadra responded to my post and suggested that I read your personal profile. I am so glad that I did.

I posted my concerns about my current drop in blood counts and BMB that has thrown me back into the front lines of battling AA. I have been profoundly grateful for the last four years of stability when I could enjoy my grand daughters, travel, pursue hobbies and actually support others with their struggles. It's sobering to face the reality of another relapse. I accept that our "normal" is always knowing we can experience the ups and downs of this disease, but we don't have to like it!

Thank you especially for your final thoughts. I cried as I read that final section to my husband. I share many of your feelings, and you have expressed them beautifully. Your strength and courage are apparent throughout your journey. I wish you well.

God Bless you and keep you safe.

Sally D