Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Marrowforums.org > Site Comments
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Site Comments Questions and comments about Marrowforums

Old Mon Jan 20, 2014, 11:39 AM

MDS Spread Sheets

Does anyone have an Excel or other type of spread sheet to track ongoing bloodwork and BMB for MDS? After looking for a Spread Sheet and dx tracking for each BMB, CBC, etc. for MDS, none have been found. The one that I use for CLL is from Chaya Vencat but does not work that well for me. Also, after downloading excel spread sheets shared by others, their numbers have to be erased cell by cell to put in my numbers.
Old Mon Jan 20, 2014, 03:49 PM

I copied Neil Cuadra's post to Whizbang (Monday August 19th, 2013) onto Microsoft Word and substituted my own dates and numbers. It has worked well.

http://forums.marrowforums.org/showthread.php?t=3792
Old Mon Jan 20, 2014, 09:02 PM

I think most of us have probably created our own spreadsheets. I created an Excel one for my major pathology results and I have charted them, which shows at a glance how I'm going. Happy to share it with you if you want but you would still have to replace my dates and numbers with yours.
Dx MDS RAEB 10% blasts + hypogammaglobulinemia, Sep 2011. Jan 2012 BMB - blasts down to 2% w/out treatment so BMT cancelled. Re-diagnosis RCMD. Watch and wait from Feb 2012. IVIg 5-weekly. New diagnosis Oct 2019 AML 23% blasts in marrow, 10% blasts in peripheral blood.
Old Tue Jan 21, 2014, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl C View Post
I think most of us have probably created our own spreadsheets. I created an Excel one for my major pathology results and I have charted them, which shows at a glance how I'm going. Happy to share it with you if you want but you would still have to replace my dates and numbers with yours.
Cheryl, thank you and congrats on keeping your blasts under 5%. If you would share your spread sheets and especially the BMB/WHO-IPSS classifications, it would be appreciated. I ordered and downloaded the book on MDS from LLS, but confused about some of the markers other than Blasts and some of the WHO/IPSS categories from the X-Plain patient education docs.
Old Tue Jan 21, 2014, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailie View Post
I copied Neil Cuadra's post to Whizbang (Monday August 19th, 2013) onto Microsoft Word and substituted my own dates and numbers. It has worked well.

http://forums.marrowforums.org/showthread.php?t=3792
Bailie, sorry but I did not get an email on your post and just saw this. Thanks so very much. Doug
Old Wed Jan 22, 2014, 07:00 AM

Hi Dougr - Attached is my spreadsheet. It doesn't include BMB results, though. Just click on the worksheet names along the bottom to see the charts. The sheet where I enter the data is called Results sheet. As you will see by the averages row at the bottom, I've had a fairly stable year for which I am very thankful. I was in the early stage of RAEB2 2 years ago. Will have another biopsy next month. Hope this is helpful for you.

To the best of my knowledge the CD34 marker is main one to watch which affects your prognosis for MDS. My CD34 marker a year ago was at 9%, down a bit from the previous year. I don't think it's too much of a worry until it goes over 20%. Here is the link to an article which explains a little about the various surface markers concerned with MDS: http://www.mdsbeacon.com/news/2011/0...ease-prognosis.

You might want to go to http://www.aamds.org/about/MDS/types if you haven't already done so. Here you will find information about the WHO MDS categories, and find out how to calculate your prognostic score. This forum is a great place to come if you need to ask any questions about terms you don't understand.

All the very best! We are all here for you.
Dx MDS RAEB 10% blasts + hypogammaglobulinemia, Sep 2011. Jan 2012 BMB - blasts down to 2% w/out treatment so BMT cancelled. Re-diagnosis RCMD. Watch and wait from Feb 2012. IVIg 5-weekly. New diagnosis Oct 2019 AML 23% blasts in marrow, 10% blasts in peripheral blood.
Old Wed Jan 22, 2014, 07:03 AM

Dougr - I'm sorry - my Excel document didn't attach, and I now notice that it's not one of the valid file extensions available here. Can you send me a private email message and I will forward it to your own email address. Thanks!
Old Wed Jan 22, 2014, 02:08 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl C View Post
Dougr - I'm sorry - my Excel document didn't attach, and I now notice that it's not one of the valid file extensions available here. Can you send me a private email message and I will forward it to your own email address. Thanks!
We fixed the problem. You should be able to attach an Excel spreadsheet to a post as long as it isn't too large.
Old Thu Jan 23, 2014, 01:28 AM

Thanks Neil for fixing that.

Hi Dougr - here is my spreadsheet. Very basic and simple. The main sheet where I enter the data is called resultsheet - if it doesn't appear first up just scroll along the bottom till you see it and click on it.
Hope it is helpful for you and I won't be offended if you don't use it. I just do 12 months at a time and then I can compare the averages with those from the year before to see how I'm going. Hope you don't mind the funny images!
Attached Files
File Type: xls Blood results charts 2013.xls (1.22 MB, 41 views)
Old Thu Jan 23, 2014, 10:07 AM

Cheryl and Neil thank you for the help and generosity of your time. It excellent and a much more comprehensive work sheet than what has been used for CLL. At first the bottom tabs were overlooked until a second read of your post. Love the faces and that is my reaction for my numbers as well. This will keep me busy for a while. Doug

Last edited by dougr : Thu Jan 23, 2014 at 12:23 PM.
Old Thu Jan 23, 2014, 05:06 PM

I'm so glad I could help!