Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Treatments > Drugs and Drug Treatments
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Drugs and Drug Treatments ATG, Cyclosporine, Revlimid, Vidaza, Dacogen, ...

Old Thu Nov 13, 2008, 11:39 AM

Leftover Cyclosporine

My son, Joshua, has completed (successfully!) his Cyclosporine taper. We have 2 leftover bottles and I’m wondering if there is a place to donate them. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
-Nicole

http://joshuasrecovery.blogspot.com
Old Thu Nov 13, 2008, 12:02 PM

That is great!

Congrats on the success!!!!
Old Thu Nov 13, 2008, 01:02 PM

If you have any free clinics around, they'll take meds. But many only accept them if they are in the original manufacturer's packaging. So call first.
Marlene, wife to John DX w/SAA April 2002, Stable partial remission; Treated with High Dose Cytoxan, Johns Hopkins, June 2002. Final phlebotomy 11/2016. As of July 2021 HGB 12.0, WBC 4.70/ANC 3.85, Plts 110K.
Old Thu Nov 13, 2008, 07:05 PM

Hi,

I know it sounds a bit flippant, but my veteranarian told me that it's really expensive to get cyclosporin to treat animals and that sometimes the owners of the pets have to decline treatment because of the cost.

Jo, my vet, was trying to get out of date cyclo to add to eye drops to treat dry eye syndrome. She wasn't sucessful.

At the hospital where I go for treatment, all out of date or half used stock is placed in a box and sent to the RSPCA to help treat animals.

I love animals, so I give everything I think can be useful to the local animal hospital. i.e. old blankets, towels etc.

In Australia we are told that if we have unwanted medication that we should take them to a pharmacy rather than discarding them in the trash or throwing them down the toilet.

Chirley
Xq19.36 mutation
Xq21.40. mutation
1p36. Mutation
15q11.2 deletion
Old Fri Nov 14, 2008, 11:20 AM

Thank you all!!! I knew I’d get some good ideas here

Marlene-
I will call around to see if any of the free clinics could use it! Why didn't I think of that??!!

Chirley-
I didn’t know that animals were also treated with this medication! If my local clinics can not use it, I will definitely find a vet that can. Thanks!

-Nicole
http://joshuasrecovery.blogspot.com
Old Fri Nov 14, 2008, 11:53 AM

I've also given this organization used and new medical supplies as well as meds still in their original package. They are based in the Washington DC area but you can always mail in meds. Here's their link.

http://www.crosslinkinternational.net/PickUp.shtml

I must of had a boxes of unused medical supplies from home health care. They don't send you what you need. Instead they send what's on their approved list of stuff that they'll get re-imbursed for. Every two week they would send one of those red needle disposal jugs whether I needed it or not. And we wonder why insurance is so expensive. I tried to return the items but they don't take anything back.
Marlene, wife to John DX w/SAA April 2002, Stable partial remission; Treated with High Dose Cytoxan, Johns Hopkins, June 2002. Final phlebotomy 11/2016. As of July 2021 HGB 12.0, WBC 4.70/ANC 3.85, Plts 110K.