Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Practical Issues > Questions and Answers
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Questions and Answers Not sure where to post a question? Post it here.

Old Sun Apr 3, 2016, 11:49 PM

Yay that is so awesome to hear. I am so happy for you, and I hope I get the same results. I honestly think I will since I feel great

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalteseMom View Post
Magsoh19 -- Good news... I had my appointment and they said that my bone marrow is normal. They want to recheck my bloodwork in 3 months and again in 6 months with follow-up with the doctor. I pray you have the same result!

I think I understand a "little bit" more about all of this but it seems very complicated and fluid. I am grateful that I have been checked out and that my doctor wants to continue to monitor me.

I am checking every day to see if you have gotten your results, too.

This is a very knowledgeable and supportive group.

Terre
Old Mon Apr 4, 2016, 09:16 PM

My results came in and everything came back normal!!! They are sending out for more testing since my numbers have dropped a little more, but I'm not worried anymore!!
Old Mon Apr 4, 2016, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magsoh19 View Post
My results came in and everything came back normal!!! They are sending out for more testing since my numbers have dropped a little more, but I'm not worried anymore!!

Excellent news -- I am so happy for you, too! What additional tests are they running? Just curious!

Terre
Old Fri Apr 15, 2016, 08:16 PM

So my marrow came back normal but my WBC and Neutrophils dropped slightly more. I just went the other day to be tested for every virus under the sun, Lupus, RA, PNH, and then a few others that I had never heard of nor could I find much out about them, and also another flow test. I go back the 22nd for the results of all of those. Which I am sure with come back negative or normal. I will keep everyone updated.
Old Sat Apr 16, 2016, 01:26 AM

Quote:
So my marrow came back normal but my WBC and Neutrophils dropped slightly more. I just went the other day to be tested for every virus under the sun, Lupus, RA, PNH, and then a few others that I had never heard of nor could I find much out about them, and also another flow test. I go back the 22nd for the results of all of those. Which I am sure with come back negative or normal. I will keep everyone updated.
So glad to hear your marrow is normal and hoping all the other tests come back normal too. Let us know what you find out
Old Fri Apr 22, 2016, 04:51 PM

I went in today for more test results. I cam back negative or normal for everything she ran including lupus, HIV, Hep, PNH, but I did actually have numbers for Mono or Epstein Barr virus. I have no idea how to interpret these numbers. Does anyone else know? I mean couldn't I have had this for years and I don't see how it is affecting my WBC for this long.
EBV ab VCA igg(lc) 188
EBV ab VCA igm(lc) <36
EBV Earky anitgen ab igg <9.0
EBV nuclear antigen ab, I 154.0
Old Fri Apr 22, 2016, 08:33 PM

Quote:
I went in today for more test results. I cam back negative or normal for everything she ran including lupus, HIV, Hep, PNH, but I did actually have numbers for Mono or Epstein Barr virus. I have no idea how to interpret these numbers. Does anyone else know? I mean couldn't I have had this for years and I don't see how it is affecting my WBC for this long.

I believe most (maybe even 90%) of US folk have antibodies for the EB virus, so it doesn't really mean much either way --- it just means that you were infected with the virus at some time (possibly without any symptoms), and your immune system generated antibodies to it.